Deer - ST written off

I bet it will be totaled out ,but the good news is there a St locally that is in great shape if you want a replacement . Good job on keeping it on 2 wheels ,must have been a pant load of fun .

Bummer, but good job keeping it up. (That's what she said) Hope you make out good with the ins.

My son was hit by a deer last Sunday riding his CBR1000. The buck jumped out in front of him from a clear cut pipeline right of way.
He went down going about 55mph.
He had on a full set of leathers with armor, boots, armored gloves and a Snell certified Shoei full face helmet.
One knee was sore but no other injuries.
There's a lotto be said about AGATT. All gear all the time.

There's a lotto be said about AGATT.

That is a good statement.

Your odds in the lotto are considerably improved during a crash when ATGATT.

Could you still get seriously injured when ATGATT, yep.
Could you survive gong down with bare minimum of jeans and a long sleeve shirt in a skull cap helmet, yep.

But where would you place the odds?

We each decide on our own level of risk in the management game.
Ride and enjoy.

PS Glad to hear your son survived with the minimal few injuries. Twice I have gone down ATGATT, twice I have walked away with only bruises.

Last edited:
That is a good statement.

Your odds in the lotto are considerably improved during a crash when ATGATT.

Could you still get seriously injured when ATGATT, yep.
Could you survive gong down with bare minimum of jeans and a long sleeve shirt in a skull cap helmet, yep.

But where would you place the odds?

We each decide on our own level of risk in the management game.
Ride and enjoy.

PS Glad to hear your son survived with the minimal few injuries. Twice I have gone down ATGATT, twice I have walked away with only bruises.

Totally agree with this. I was riding ATGATT last October and although I did get injuries, 3 broken ribs and broken scaphoid, which still hasn't completely healed, had I not been ATGATT, I wouldn't be posting here as I slide 150 on my back with my helmet in contact with the road surface.
So the choice is yours but if IT does happen and you're not ATGATT, be prepared to pay the price.

I hate them *******s. I just replaced my front fender from my deer collision back in March. Just missed one on Monday on the Goldwing, by inches. Glad you kept it upright!!!

Outcome
Dash dead, rad and entire front fairing including the steel support frame under the fairing twisted severely. Guess I hit this long legged, oversized, furry woodland rodent harder than I thought. It was written off. Sad
However TD Canada Trust Primmum Insurance was very fair with the settlement. I am out of pocket about 600 of my own money but located another ST, 2 years newer with 50,000 less km so. Pretty happy. Pick it up Sunday if all goes according to plan.
Cheers
Ride safe

However TD Canada Trust Primmum Insurance was very fair with the settlement.

Glad to hear that, same insurance company I am using. Their premiums seem competitive but nice to know that they treat you right if you have to make a claim.

Gerhard

Outcome
Dash dead, rad and entire front fairing including the steel support frame under the fairing twisted severely.

Yeah, those upper cowl stays are not that strong! When i replace them now, I use the police version. It has better support at the turn signal/cowl connections.

Congrats on the new bike! Enjoy!

So after healing and getting the bike repaired he installed deer whistles. He swore he saw more deer after he installed the whistles.
You have to be very careful when installing deer whistles. One rider from Newfoundland, Canada accidentally installed them backwards on his bike, and found that the deer were chasing him down the road. :)

You have to be very careful when installing deer whistles. One rider from Newfoundland, Canada accidentally installed them backwards on his bike, and found that the deer were chasing him down the road. :)

Says the man with the upside down bike.

Was a 'friend' that installed them. Uh-huh... sure...

Wow, well written, your a very lucky man. Great that its working out well with the new bike, good luck with it and mind yourself.

Top Bottom