Deka agm battery

STArnie13

R.I.P. - 2020/07/03
Rest In Peace
The Bike Master battery in my 02 ST went bad yesterday. Since Yuasa won't fit and Bike Master is the other brand the local dealers carry I went to a local battery store. They had two for my bike and I got the better one meaning more expensive at $84.95. It is a Deka which I have never heard of. I expected it to be made in China but it is made in Pennsylvania. It claims 220 CCA. The dealer claimed three to five year life expectency. Time will tell. If it does well I will put one in the 97 when it needs one.

Deka is a very good manufacturer. You may know them as East Penn Battery. I've had excellent experience with Deka marine and motorcycle batteries.

The Bike Master battery in my 02 ST went bad yesterday. Since Yuasa won't fit and Bike Master is the other brand the local dealers carry I went to a local battery store. They had two for my bike and I got the better one meaning more expensive at $84.95. It is a Deka which I have never heard of. I expected it to be made in China but it is made in Pennsylvania. It claims 220 CCA. The dealer claimed three to five year life expectency. Time will tell. If it does well I will put one in the 97 when it needs one.
Deka batteries are the best AGMs I have found. Plus they are made in the USA and have very robust terminals. My friend and I both have them in our KLRs. To bad they don't come to fit a ST1300.

Good to hear I got a good one. Maybe they will get around to one for the 1300.

Back
Top Bottom