Delkevic Dyno run

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
I have been in contact with Luke from Delkevic about a dyno run. He sent me one that Delkevic done. Looks like 3 hp gain, with gains throught the RPM range.

Attachments

Byron

STOC #
I'm wondering what the bike would do with a K&N filter installed along with the Delkevic? The reason I mention this is because here is a dyno run showing the difference between a stock filter and a K&N filter and there was about a 6 hp gain.

Together would be interesting because if the air filter is holding it back the hp gain could be much better.

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
So to get the most from my new pipes I need to try and stay in the 100-110 mph range !!! COOL !!

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
So to get the most from my new pipes I need to try and stay in the 100-110 mph range !!! COOL !!
HA! I wonder if you are supposed to use the front AND back tires at the same time???? :)

OP
OP
Smallville

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Byron, I don't have much faith in K&N stuff, however I find it interesting that they show 111 hp as a baseline where the Delkevic shows 108.

I would also be interested in seeing some torque numbers, as thats what matters in the real world.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Byron, I don't have much faith in K&N stuff, however I find it interesting that they show 111 hp as a baseline where the Delkevic shows 108.

I would also be interested in seeing some torque numbers, as thats what matters in the real world.
Not all bikes will dyno the same off the showroom floor.. they will be close but not all will be identical...

OP
OP
Smallville

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Not all bikes will dyno the same off the showroom floor.. they will be close but not all will be identical...
True. I wonder if there is any difference between the US and UK version.

Also it looks like the ST drivetrain is fairly efficient with only around a 12% loss in power.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Interesting. I'd sure like to see a set of runs done with the StainTunes (with and without the quiet tips) vs. stock. Gotta think with the tips in it would be similar to the Delkevics.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Different dynos will yield different numbers as well.

The Staintunes are suppose to give a gain of apx. 3 hp., with or without baffles. Also a weight savings of something like 12 or 13 pounds (half the weight of stock pipes).

Ray

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Different Dyno = Different Reading
Different Bike = Different Reading

I too would like to see the torque numbers and I'd like to see numbers from someone other than the manufacturer. In the end, the horsepower gains are really secondary to the sound, if we are all honest! :D

Tom

Top Bottom