Delkevic exhaust ST1100

Dec

Bike
00 st1100
Hi Folks,
Just recently fitted new Delkevic silencers to my ST1100, and when riding the bike I find they have quite a loud throaty sound which I am finding it kind of spoils the ride and bike. Just wondering if anyone else on here who has fitted them, are you happy or unhappy with them due to their loudness .

Dec

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Yes, I hate loud pipes! My first ST11 came with Two Brothers exhaust. After a few months, I couldn't stand the noise (my brother's ST11 was stock so I had a good comparison), so I replaced them with stock. Ahhh... so much better! It even seemed quicker!

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I get teased about how mild both of my bikes sound when blipping the throttle with original exhaust. I don't mind.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
I have the Delkevic 18 inch Exhaust with end baffles installed.
Around town and taking off sounds louder but on the Highway with earplugs in I can hardly hear them.
I do prefer the stock pipes
What size Cans are they? For each size down I expect a little more noise and according to their website a very slight increase in power :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dec

Bike
00 st1100
Think they are the 18inch ones, and just as you say around town and moving off they seem loud. Its turning me against riding the bike as the loudness is not for the ST

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I won't ride behind you on a group ride...
Pardon the thread jack, but this reminds me of a veteran's ride I went on. The guy to my diagonal left front was on a Harley, loud pipes, and every time he accelerated, he let off the throttle before pulling in the clutch to shift. The deceleration was even louder.

Imagine an hour of this at 35 mph and less. :eek:

Well if any of ya'll are selling your 18" delkivic's because they're too loud send them my way...I wouldn't mind a set and I definitely want to change the stock exhaust.

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
I was in an old desirable 30s 40s neighborhood last week, rounded a five mile an hour curve in first and cracked it wide open to 7 grand. Wow, those old 2 brothers sounded like a war broke out behind me with the exhaust bouncing off that block of houses. Thats the sounds that brought me to motorcycling when a big loud 70 yellow Norton Commando came ripping around the neighborhood, whats street do you live on John:)

Top Bottom