Denray hitch on an ST1300?

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Thanks Obo!
I think the key is you tell a story in an honest, logical & likeable way - at least that I can relate to.
The voice overs you do in post production combined with the live other sound bites we get from the live video just all work together.
The enjoyable scenery helps too lol.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Hopefully someone will know the answer to the "what's different on the bike from 2004 onward."
I have also asked them for a copy of the installation instructions. If they respond, I will forward them to you.
Denray responded to my query about the difference.
Below is their response;
"THE SWING ARM IS DIFFERENT. CURVE ON THE HITCH IS DIFFERENT FOR THE REAR END OF THE BIKE.
THANK YOU."

The swing-arm part numbers are the same, so I am not sure what they are referring to.
I know that there are a few people on this site who have more than one ST1300. Maybe if there is someone with a 2002/2003 model year and another one that is post 2004, they can compare them and let us know.

They did not include a copy of the installation instructions in their reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obo

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I'll have to take a close look at my hitch to see if there's a part number on it I just missed. Given there's one model hitch for 2003 and another one for 2004 onward I find it unlikely my used hitch is for the 2003 only model :)

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Denray responded to my query about the difference.
Below is their response;
"THE SWING ARM IS DIFFERENT. CURVE ON THE HITCH IS DIFFERENT FOR THE REAR END OF THE BIKE.
THANK YOU."

The swing-arm part numbers are the same, so I am not sure what they are referring to.
I know that there are a few people on this site who have more than one ST1300. Maybe if there is someone with a 2003/2004 model year and another one that is post 2004, they can compare them and let us know.

They did not include a copy of the installation instructions in their reply.
I met a guy who said something about the sand cast breaking and Honda made a new one. Can not confirm that but he sure sounded convinced. I have an 04 and a 16. Tell me what I should look for in differences, pictures, whatever you want.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I met a guy who said something about the sand cast breaking and Honda made a new one. Can not confirm that but he sure sounded convinced. I have an 04 and a 16. Tell me what I should look for in differences, pictures, whatever you want.
Denray has it listed as one model hitch for 2002-2003 and one for 2004-onward. Sadly I don't think you'll find a difference between yours then.

To my knowledge they never made a 2002 model ST1300 for North America (only for Europe and Australia.)

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
As I'm looking at pictures on EBAY of different model year swingarms I'm remembering the context of the different years conversation. He was running a car tire and said on the later years a little grinding was required to fit the size he was running, he was on an 03. Also found this, not sure it's relevant.

STOC #
As I'm looking at pictures on EBAY of different model year swingarms I'm remembering the context of the different years conversation. He was running a car tire and said on the later years a little grinding was required to fit the size he was running, he was on an 03. Also found this, not sure it's relevant.

Rumor says it changed in 06 ish. Different mould and profile would be the only difference. And ive never seen proof past the part number change.

Top Bottom