Describe Your Sargent Seat

Bike
2009 ST1300
SPOT
LINK
I’m considering a Sargent seat for my ‘09. I’d like to hear your description of yours: where it positions you, do you have handlebar risers, how tall you are, and anything else you might think pertinent.

Obviously, this is for Sargent seat owners, so comments about other seats aren’t necessary.

Thanks for your help!

My 1300 came with a Sargent seat. I thought it was broad and flat and quite hard. It was NOT plush nor did I sink into it at all, in fact, I thought I sat atop it, rather than having it 'give' somewhat like every other seat/chair I have plunked my bottom on. However, it was surprisingly comfortable. Since I'm fairly short, the broad Sargent seat pushed my legs outward and I was on tip toes when I stopped the bike (yes, even on the lowest position). I swapped that seat for an OEM one and had Spenser work his magic on it. That one was narrower than the Sargent and worked better for me.

My '13 V Strom came with one and is very similar to everything I've said above. Hard and flat and v. comfortable. I have done a 5 hour and two 4 hour trips (yeah, just a hop skip and a jump for a ST) on the VS w/ no undue discomfort. I like the Sarge a lot.

My ST1300 came with a Sargent when I bought it 3 years ago. It's by far the most comfortable seat I've had on a bike. I'm 6'2" with long legs so I keep the seat adjuster in the tallest position and can still flat-foot the bike when stopped. The bike also has handlebar risers. The setup gives me a nice upright seating position, just the way I like it. Last summer I did a 16-day tour to the Rockies and had no problems with the seat. Wish I'd had better boots though! Yes the Sargent is wide but I haven't found it to be a problem. All in all I give the Sargent 2 thumbs up.

My ST1300 came with a Sargent saddle when I bought it in November 2015. I am 5'10" and have a 32" inseam. I have the saddle set in the highest position primarily to have a more comfortable leg position with my feet on the pegs. At a stop, my feet just bottom out.

The saddle is quite firm and not as comfortable as the Mustang saddle I had on my Kawa Vulcan 900. I don't ride long distances without taking a stretch break (usually no more than 100 mi. segments). My butt doesn't offer much padding and the firm Sargent doesn't quite make up for that deficit. But I don't suffer too much. :D

Overall, the Sargent is a sharp looking, well-made saddle that accentuates the good looks of the ST and offers a much better ride than the stock saddle. I'm not looking elsewhere.

I have 96,xxx miles on my 07 I bought new. I am 6’ with a 32 inch inseam. I tied a Bill Maher, a Corbin and a Russell Day Long my Sargent just works for me. 830 miles I think is the longest day I have done. I also have one on my Triumph Tiger 800. And will more than likely put one on my BMW R1200RS. I guess you could say I like them. They work for me. That does not mean they will work for you.

We love our Sargent seat, its a huge improvement over the stock seat which we both disliked, I'm 6'3" 34" inseam, Jan is 5', stock bars and the seat on the highest seating suit me fine, I get a bit fidgety around the 200 mile mark and need a stretch, Jan has no problem keeping going, its probably the most comfortable we've ever been on a bike, the ST and Sargent make a great combination.

If you order one before Monday afternoon you should get 12% off and free shipping. I ordered a new front seat made with material to match the stock rear seat ( $200 cheaper). My wife has her own bike and the only time I use the rear is when my brothers Ducati breaks down.:rolleyes:

I'm 5'10 with a 31" inseam, tipping the scales at [fat]. It's been a couple years since I last used my Sargent but I remember it as better than stock. I could still flat foot if the seat was on the lowest position. Typically rode at lowest around town and at higher settings on long rides to keep my knees more comfortable but even with that and breaks every couple hours I got squirmy after several hours.

I liked the hidden cavity in the seat pan; it was a great place to store my tool roll. And there was a small flat pocket perfect for the registration sheet.

You and I live close enough that we could meet up for a hand off, if you wanted to try mine for a while. Let me know if that interests you.

All the above, plus the texture gives a bit more grip for the pillon. Original seat was on our 03 when we got it and the smooth seat let her slide too easily. Sargent is on the ST all the time.

When I bought my used 1300 it was a two day ride from home, I chose to fit the Sargent and shipped the stocker home. As above I did find the Sargent to be pretty hard but after a few thousand kms it is much, much better. Not as comfy as the 1100 stocker though. I tried the stock 1300 saddle for a single day's ride and hated it, mushy and kept me locked in one place. I have my Sargent in the middle height position and with an extended rear shock I'm on the balls of both feet at a stop (30" inseam). I have the stock bars but would like to add a Helibars or similar spacer plate to bring them up/back a touch.

Back
Top Bottom