diabetes with or without meds

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
I hope your numbers are better than mine. :sad: I know what I have to do.
I had been taking apple cider vinager for several years. My numbers were always good. Several months back I stopped taking it. And I was eating anything and everything. I thought the Metformin would take care of it. I was wrong. Doc wants to put me on another pill. I said no. I will do what I know I need to do. I'll show him next visit!
Taking control...good. Well I showed them...on the cusp but it was a wonderful 5.9 right on the borderline, woo hoo but still good. Average for each day is 112 so doing great, I went and saw my son today and he is holding around 120-150 he said, so now to help him. Dang family history.....bad gene pool for me.

OP
OP
tercol58
Bike
03 ST1300 89 pc
Taking control...good. Well I showed them...on the cusp but it was a wonderful 5.9 right on the borderline, woo hoo but still good. Average for each day is 112 so doing great, I went and saw my son today and he is holding around 120-150 he said, so now to help him. Dang family history.....bad gene pool for me.
Sounds like your doing pretty good with things and your sons average is in better shape than mine. Keep up the good work

OP
OP
tercol58
Bike
03 ST1300 89 pc
I had been taking apple cider vinager for several years. My numbers were always good. Several months back I stopped taking it. And I was eating anything and everything. I thought the Metformin would take care of it. I was wrong. Doc wants to put me on another pill. I said no. I will do what I know I need to do. I'll show him next visit!
What does the apple cider vinager do? Good luck with your next visit I am rite there with you on the anything and everything eating It is too easily done. Food is the hardest habit to control with out a doubt but we will can do it hang in there.

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
Is this apple cider with mother?

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
ACV, can flush the system. Just make sure to eat a banana, take a calcium supplement, and a d3 supplement at least once every day.
some known side effects of long-term use of apple cider vinegar could cause low potassium levels and lower bone density because it changes the Alkaline balance in the body.

Bike
Suzuki Bandit 250
Sorry for bumping this super old thread, but I've just been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. To be honest, I don't know how exactly I should manage it. Some people say they can avoid taking meds and a proper diet and exercise are enough for them. But still, there are people who should take meds regularly. Time passed and it would be great if someone shared the experience. Thanks in advance.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Reduce your carbohydrate intake. Cut out white everything: bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.

Also, veggies that "candy" when cooked, like corn and carrots, are high in sugars.

Example: Have a bacon cheeseburger, but eat it without a bun, with a knife and fork.

Have breadless sandwiches: roll up cold cuts with mayo and mustard as finger food.

I went from 385 lb/52 waist to 235 lb/38 waist and have kept it off for over 15 years.

I'll be 68 years old in May, and my blood glucose and pressure are still doing great.

I was diagnosed 25 years ago. I'm still on oral meds as I did what Larry Fine posted above. Low carb is easier now as many (not nearly all) KETO foods are low carb. I order zero carb tortillas from Amazon for sandwiches.

Bike
05 ST1300A
STOC #
I've been doing a "Mastering Diabetes" way of eating for almost 5 years now and all my A1C tests have been under 6.5 and as low as 5.7...It's the opposite of the norm for diabetes care as it focuses on correcting Insulin Resistance with low fat and higher amount of complex carbs. It works for me. In my opinion every one's body is different in how it reacts and what works great for me might not be for you. I did have a doctor tell me either do the low fat plant based (higher complex carbs) or the keto type with (very low to no carbs), but not to dabble in between. I've been able to stay off medications and insulin but thats because we caught it early enough and I am reacting well to the diet and exercise approach. I would take medication or insulin if I needed it in a heartbeat. I also take the Apple Cider Vinegar and Amla and Cinnamon daily. I've found all three to be supportive of lower fasting glucose levels and overall A1C levels. Thats whats worked for me. The low carbs but medium to higher fats and meats had my lipids and blood pressure higher than was okay for me, hence the doc suggesting the Mastering Diabetes. I bought the book, you can get it at a library or watch YouTube videos for free. They do try to sell the Amla but I don't mind because it works for me. But normally im skeptical if someone is selling something with their information, in addition to the information. I started with them before the Amla sales so was spared making that decision. I've experimented to see what works best for me...Best of luck in your choices.

I've been doing a "Mastering Diabetes" way of eating for almost 5 years now and all my A1C tests have been under 6.5 and as low as 5.7...It's the opposite of the norm for diabetes care as it focuses on correcting Insulin Resistance with low fat and higher amount of complex carbs. It works for me. In my opinion every one's body is different in how it reacts and what works great for me might not be for you. I did have a doctor tell me either do the low fat plant based (higher complex carbs) or the keto type with (very low to no carbs), but not to dabble in between. I've been able to stay off medications and insulin but thats because we caught it early enough and I am reacting well to the diet and exercise approach. I would take medication or insulin if I needed it in a heartbeat. I also take the Apple Cider Vinegar and Amla and Cinnamon daily. I've found all three to be supportive of lower fasting glucose levels and overall A1C levels. Thats whats worked for me. The low carbs but medium to higher fats and meats had my lipids and blood pressure higher than was okay for me, hence the doc suggesting the Mastering Diabetes. I bought the book, you can get it at a library or watch YouTube videos for free. They do try to sell the Amla but I don't mind because it works for me. But normally im skeptical if someone is selling something with their information, in addition to the information. I started with them before the Amla sales so was spared making that decision. I've experimented to see what works best for me...Best of luck in your choices.
Thanks for sharing! I am trying to manage my diabetes most of the times without medications, but still decided to buy victoza online and keep it with me all the time. I am not going to take the meds unless the situation is really critical, but i also want to be ready for the situations like that , as i heard different stories in my life. Of course i reduced my sweets consumption by 99% and exercise regularly.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
As what Rayzerman said.
Stay away from bread and carbohydrates. I'm a trucker and an NTP has broken the brainwashing on the whole diabetes scam. Our bodies make our own incilin. The industry is making a killing on having you inject it. As Ray says breakfast is your most important meal. If you can fast and rely on on coffee just add butter. Or even fast for 12 hours you'll better off. Get rid of the metformin. Not needed. Just eat tight. No boxed food. Got it?

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I’m always a fan of avoidance of medication IF you can get away with it. The first thing that needs to be determined is the A1c percentage because that determines how well or not well your diabetes is controlled at this time. If the number is substantially higher (greater than 6-6.5%) medication may be in order at least in the short term. If it’s in the upper 5% range say, something like 5.8%, most of the time you can get away with dietary modification and weight loss if it is necessary. The most important factor when dealing with diabetes is avoidance of complications, like cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease, avoidance of peripheral artery disease, avoidance of smoking, and complications, directly of diabetes, including kidney disease and retinal disease. If your diabetes is not well controlled (high A1c value), and you elect to just do dietary modification, that can be a recipe for disaster, (if your blood sugar is rapidly elevated, you can have a condition called hyperosmolar, nonketotic syndrome with associated severe dehydration and remarkably elevated blood glucose, as well as diabetic ketoacidosis, and these require hospitalization) so it really depends on how well the diabetes is controlled at this time. If you’re somewhat to remarkably overweight, then, lowering your body weight will definitely help if not eliminate the need for medication, but everybody is a little bit different physiologically. One of the other issues I have seen with diabetic patients is elevation of triglycerides as well as cholesterol. This would need to be managed appropriately as well, depending on the values obtained.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Is life worth living without good bread?
True, but there are low glycemic index sprouted breads, without the refined flour and sugar (and some are pretty good)- I normally eat what is known as spelt bread, and I’ve been eating that for several years vs the more typical white bread.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
True, but there are low glycemic index sprouted breads, without the refined flour and sugar (and some are pretty good)- I normally eat what is known as spelt bread, and I’ve been eating that for several years vs the more typical white bread.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
6BDE124D-F1ED-476B-A6C5-7E2EC56C2E59.jpeg
This is the bread I mostly eat, not because it is healthy but because it is what I grew up with and like.

CC7B3A94-6B2B-40CF-B53A-3B2655ECEF3B.jpeg

720B4D24-6B88-428A-A407-E441D58BED20.jpeg

107BF97A-2F77-45D1-8FB4-57D56F270B38.jpeg
yesterday I was at a small artisan bakery and bought this sourdough bread, it is crusty and tasty and I suspect 100% wheat

3E0A9AFB-EDED-4383-931A-A3F621C60D85.jpeg

and then for a totally unhealthy treat some Turkish baklava

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Home

a green and white sign a black and white cube with a green and white logo

Ezekiel Sprouted Bread | Food For Life | Ezekiel Bread Ingredients
You are here
  1. Home ››
  2. Products ››
  3. Breads ››
  4. Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Bread

packaged goods

Ezekiel 4:9®
Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
maroonBuy Online
Ezekiel 4:9® Sprouted Grain Bread is inspired by the Holy Scripture verse: "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..." Ezekiel 4:9®
We discovered when these six grains and legumes are sprouted and combined, an amazing thing happens. A complete protein is created that closely parallels the protein found in milk and eggs. In fact, the protein quality is so high, that it is 84.3% as efficient as the highest recognized source of protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. There are 18 amino acids present in this unique bread - from all vegetable sources - naturally balanced in nature.
Ezekiel 4:9® Bread, made from freshly sprouted organically grown grains, is naturally flavorful and bursting with nutrients. Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and natural fiber with no added fat. Try it served warm to release its exceptionally rich nutty flavor.
This Biblical Bread is Truly the Staff of Life
High Fiber

fruitSprouted Grains

fruitVegan

foodDiabetic Friendly

Non-GMO

Plant Protein

Flourless

Complete Plant Protein
close up of barley
Barley

a jar of lentils
Lentils

a field of millet
Millet

a pile of soybeans
Soybeans

a pile of spelt
Spelt

close up of wheat
Wheat

The safe quality food program logoSQF

Non glyphosate logoNon Glyphosate

USDA organic logoUSDA Organic

KOF-K logoKosher

non GMO logoNon-GMO

Ingredients

Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt.

Top Bottom