Did i use the right transmission oil?

Manual says Hypoid Gear Oil SAE 80.

'Hypoid' refers to the design of the gears that are in the final drive. The following is from the Motul Website for that particular oil that you have used.

Description:​

Motul Gearbox 80w-90 EP Mineral Gear & Differential Oil​

Motul Gearbox 80w-90 is an extreme pressure, mineral transmission and differential lubricant reinforced with molybdenum bisulphide (MOS2) to handle heavy loads and reduce transmission noise.

Application:

Suitable for manual transmissions, synchronised or not synchronised gearboxes, differentials, transfer gearbox and hypoid differentials without limited slip system operating under shocks, heavy loads and low revolution speed or moderate loads and high revolution speed.

Sounds perfect to me. Here's the link to the motul page if you want confirmation that it is the same stuff that you used.

By weak, are you saying the display isn't bright enough? There are three (or four, I can't remember) different brightness levels, selected using the top of the 'soft' switch that sets the time; short push/release to step through the brightness levels vs push and hold to initiate the time set function.
For many of us here the brightest level of the display just isn't bright enough during the day. I'm of the same opinion and for me the brightest level during the day isn't too bright for me in the dead of night. The brightet level may offer some relief for somebody during the day but it's still lacking for me. Again for me that's both the meters and the LCD display.

For many of us here the brightest level of the display just isn't bright enough during the day. I'm of the same opinion and for me the brightest level during the day isn't too bright for me in the dead of night. The brightet level may offer some relief for somebody during the day but it's still lacking for me. Again for me that's both the meters and the LCD display.
Ok, wasn't sure you were aware there were different levels...that box appears checked, so moving on.

Back
Top Bottom