Difference between Throttlemeister for ST1300 with and without Honda Heated Grips

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Oh great ST Hive-mind...

From a Throttlemeister application chart I found here, I see there's a difference in the part numbers between ST1300s with and without the Honda Heated Grips (the OEM version I expect).

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 'AHR4' and 'AHR5' parts? I have a TM on my ST1100 with Helibars so I understand how a TM works and the parts involved.

The only difference I expect might be the specific stack of spacers and shims to space the adjuster from the bar-end/throttle tube?

Unlike throttle locks that clamp the grip near the control pod (Vista cruise, Atlas, etc...) where the heated grip wire might interfere with its operation, the TM is at the bar end. What's different enough there to warrant a different part? Is it the friction sleeve design?

I intend to install the Koso Apollo heated grips and want to understand if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Tom

Honda with Stock Handlebars and Heli Bars manufactured after January 2004
ModelYearStandardHeavy
ST13002003-09FT & AHR4FH & AHR4-H
ST1300 w/ Honda Heated Grips2003-09FT & AHR5FH & AHR5-H

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm thinking it's related specifically to the Honda grips. I have Oxford heated grips and I don't recall getting any special TM for the heated grips, but that was 8 years ago. It may have to do with the end o f the grips and if they cover the end of the bars or not. Also, the TM attaches to the ST1300 a little differently than it did for the ST1100. if it's still the same way as when I bought mine, you take out the bar end weights and replace them with the TM weights.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Hope this helpswell I tried to send you the instructions that I have looks like the photos didn't atttach if you want I can text them to you

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
IIRC, with my Oxfords, I had to make my own spacer in order for the grips to work with my TM. My bike came with the TM, but I added the heated grips later, so I don't have any part numbers. The Oxfords come in 3 different lengths with differing grip patterns (yeah, sport, adventure, touring or something like that) and I did a lot of fiddling to get the TM to work properly. I fitted o-rings and large rubber washers that I found at a plumbing display in a hardware store. As I said, it was a lot of fussing around.

Top Bottom