Does a commute rate for a ride report?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Ok. Duly noted. Kind of a high speed tip over at 15mph but definitely not a wreck.
Also added the one from a couple weeks ago. Lost footing moving bike on the lift. The 06A leaned gently on the work bench.
Or is that classified a “lean over”?
We can start a whole new category here. Lean overs, pin downs (with the rider trapped underneath), flippers (if the bike flips the rider like a pinball flipper) etc.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
@SMSW if we go that route, do we need to include insurance results?
Cost of said lean overs, pin downs, and flippers?
Personal injury reports to go with each?
Repair details?
Just thinking out loud...

Bike
2010 ST1300
@SMSW if we go that route, do we need to include insurance results?
Cost of said lean overs, pin downs, and flippers?
Personal injury reports to go with each?
Repair details?
Just thinking out loud...
I am pretty sure my mc insurance does not include damages caused by a pinball like flipping of the rider (no medical insurance, Medicare covers that). The liability portion, however, almost certainly does. I'm more concerned with the loss of face - embarrassment when there are witnesses. I rememember one particular fall. Years ago, in high school gym, we were taught to fall and roll, again when I tried skydiving, and also for various other sports. In this incident, I pulled up to the gas pump (it was on my left), and my right foot hit an oily patch. The bike started going, and I've long since learned I will do more damage to muscles and ligaments if I try to resist this unstoppable force. This was so unexpected, that the bike literally flipped me off to the right, and I landed and rolled. I stood up an easy 8 or 10 feet from the bike. Everyone rushed over to see if I was ok (nary a scratch, except a shattered ego).

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Glad you are OK. But this is nuts! No way, my machine stays laid up until they sweep all the sand and grit up in the Spring. If I'm trying that, it'll be on a dirt bike with spikes.

RT

Top Bottom