Does anyone use a Park-N-Move?

Bike
None For Now
STOC #
I saw this item at the Dallas show. It's a great idea with one show stopper flaw (for me). You have to be able to get the 13 up and down from the center stand in order to use it. I've found that for me getting the hippo "up" is really tough and getting it "down" is really scary. So as much as I'd like to be able to zip my bike all around the garage as easily as this would enable, I had to pass on buying one.

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
I've got my ST1300 sitting on one waiting for the thaw. Our garage is not very roomy, and to get the bikes and two cars in I've got to have something that allows me to use center stands and navigate tight spots. The Park-n-Move is the perfect solution, and well worth the $$ invested (just MHO).

I've not had any problems getting either the Wing or the ST up or down (having learned the hard way to read the instructions and lock the dolly's wheels to roll off).

The only problem that I have had is that I've got some slightly uneven spots in my garage floor. And this puppy glides so low that it can hang on uneven concrete. That would be my only caution--make sure that you've got a level surface to roll it around on lest you find it more problematic than helpful.

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
I use one for my 1100. It can be a bit of a challende to get it on the park-n-move with a full tank of gas, but otherwise works great. I purchased it 2nd hand from a member here with a less than smooth garage floor. If your garage floor is in poor shape, you won't get much moving from this, it has miniscule clearance.

-Adam

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
I've no yet looked to see if it is possible, but I have pondered removing the casters and placing a single washer between each caster and the dolly itself to raise it just a fraction. This would eliminate any possibility of a "high center" on my somewhat uneven floor.

Despite this one hiccup -- and, of course, the price (didn't know about Dan's options when I bought it) -- I cannot complain. It's a true space-saver and eliminates backing up with the ST (wish it had reverse like the Wing).

:D

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I have one and have two major complaints.

1. It's very very hard to get up on centerstand. I started using some 1/2" plywood under the wheels to help. First run the bike up on the plywood and then put on skateboard.

2. Your garage floor better be in perfect shape and perfectly flat and perfectly clean! Just about anything will stop this thing from rolling around. :(

Park-n-move is one of the absolute best buys you can make for the ST1300, if you have limited space in the garage and want to easily manuever the bike into a tight corner, or just turn it around to head it out when you want to ride. I agree about the low clearance - garage floor needs to be absolutely clean. (I just use my leaf blower once in a while to make sure the floor is clean.)

I cut a piece of 2 x 6 about 2 feet long - beveled the ends at about 60 degrees. When I get in the garage, I just put the board down, put the bike in gear and run the back wheel up onto the board. That makes it really easy to put the center stand on the platform and just step down on the center stand. I make sure the wheels are NOT LOCKED on the Park-N-Move, which makes it easy to put the bike on the platform.

Park-N-Move is really well built and designed - wheels are very high quality and heavy duty - easily supports the ST1300. Highly recommended!!

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I bought a Park N Move.

I have a one-stall garage. It allows me to easily fit my ST and a pickup. It's well built. It can be tricky to get it up on the stand, though - you have to heave it.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I got one from Dan too. The quality is great and the price is very fair.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I just got one. .. as all said hard to put it on the stand but one on the stand it easy to push it around. Last time I put it on the centerstand I called my boys and asked them to pull the bike backwards and it went up easy. Wil need to try one of the "put something under the rear wheel stuff. Getting it off needs some attention but can get used to it, make sure the wheels are locked. Storing two bikes and 2 cars in a two car garage makes it a very uisef tool.

Top Bottom