Does this count?

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
Okay then....while visiting Lowes, I stopped at the Girl Scout table outside for some cookies....I spent some time and hobnobbed with them for a bit, and when I looked up, a GIANT slide-in camper equipped truck was pulling away fro the area that I had parked...
I didn't think too much about it until I headed toward my bike that I noticed that it was crashed!
By this time the camper was heading out into traffic....a nice woman remarked that she had seen it, and thought that the driver was unaware that they had hit me...
Several of the girl scouts scampered over and offered to help me right the bike, which had high-sided (it was on the side stand)...I demonstrated to all that I could right it by myself....1) make certain the side stand was down. 2) back up to the bike and LIFT WITH the KNEES!
Righted, I was a little sore, but proud that I could still perform such feats....

Today, however, I feel like I have been run over by a truck.....

My question: was this a "tip-over"?

Have fun!

BTW...the mirror housing was crushed and the bag scraped a bit...$110.00, making the Girl Scout cookies about $20 per each....

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
No that was not one of those "OH-NO" moments when you tip it over, that was someone other then you knocking your bike down. Glad the damage was not worse.

OP
OP
richpeabody

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
The Girls had sold all of the Thin Mints, so I bought something with peanut butter and chocolate....tasty.....

However, the local Publix makes a killer Key Lime pie, so I scored one to sooth my sorrows....

For as bad as I felt last night, I feel pretty good now....

Have fun!

OP
OP
richpeabody

richpeabody

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
yes
I ordered the stuff from Bike Bandit....good service...nice, easily navigated web site....I had a gift certificate from the AMA as well as from Progressive (for the NY show last year)...that took about $33.00 from the cost, but the total was still around $130....
Except for several fairly deep scratches in the bags (mayhaps a decal?) it's back to looking unmolested....
Have fun!

Top Bottom