Does this look like a coolant leak ?

Thanks for the acceptance folks. I'm riding a new to me 07 1300, and i just noticed this yesterday. Cleaned it up, wasn't sure if i had hit a puddle, and got the bike out today for about 15 miles. Same result..... looks like a leak to me at this point. Bike runs like a champ, never hot in the last month or so i've ridden her..... Any thoughts appreciated 1630279839862755079321646837261.jpg

Bike
2010 ST1300
If you cleaned it and rode it and there was no rain or puddles, yes, its probably a leak. Most likely a hose clamp. Pull the fairing and have a look.

You can also do a search here - blue band atop this page, right end. type the word (coolant, leaks, anti freeze) in the box and hit enter. This is a common problem.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Your plastic three way tee is cracked or broken.
You can see it through the right side body panel just in front of the right cylinder head.
You will see three small hose clamps on it.
When these are over tightened they snap the pipes off the tee.
You may have to wiggle it to see the crack.
The part is called a fuel joint hose connector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
If you cleaned it and rode it and there was no rain or puddles, yes, its probably a leak. Most likely a hose clamp. Pull the fairing and have a look.

You can also do a search here - blue band atop this page, right end. type the word (coolant, leaks, anti freeze) in the box and hit enter. This is a common problem.
Thank you so much!

OP
OP
Your plastic three way tee is cracked or broken.
You can see it through the right side body panel just in front of the right cylinder head.
You will see three small hose clamps on it.
When these are over tightened the snap the pipes off the tee.
You may have to wiggle it to see the crack.
The part is called a fuel joint hose connector.
Thank you so much for your input. Seems I read where some replace the plastic w brass or stainless ?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
$19 and change is full retail, Ronayers, and many other on line venders sell them for $14.
Did they charge you shipping on top of that?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Thank you so much for your input. Seems I read where some replace the plastic w brass or stainless ?
Yes you did. Some of the guys make up a brass T fitting from barbed/threaded pieces from a really good hardware store that screw into a 3 way threaded block. I think McMasterCarr has some already made - stainless or brass. Just check the hose diameters before you start buying fittings. I think the hoses are different sizes. BTW, if you don't replace that plastic T and it breaks, you will dump all the coolant out of the engine in a couple of minutes. This tends to be messy and will stop your riding immediately.

Read this whole thread. The Breeze clamps mentioned are constant tension clamps. Only problem with them is the spring/screw is pretty big and it takes some planning to position them properly so you do not have interference with other clamps or the fairing (radiator hose clamps). Been there, made exactly that mistake, and had to take the fairing off and reposition the rad clamp so everything fit.

Top Bottom