Don't try this at home!

STBernard

BlewBayou
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
image.jpg

image.jpg

Was supposed to be a quickie oil change. Drained crankcase on center stand, lowered lift to switch to the side stand to remove the filter. Do not do this alone! Build and use the outriggers. Off the center stand it came and over went my ankle with the bike slowly following me as we tumbled off the lift. Only damage was my pride and a cracked left mirror glass. How much is just the mirror piece? Any one got a spare?

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Sorry to hear/see that. Hope your ankle is okay. Glad you didn't get pinned in there. My biggest fear is in my garage. Too narrow of a bike lane.

Those in the know use Tapatalk Pro.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Good that you were not hurt! You're lucky that just the mirror was hurt... man I don't like seeing a bike on it's side! When I bought my lift, I went for the side extensions so I can put the quads or my mower on it also. It takes up more room, but it's worth it. Only had the extensions off once.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Yikes! Must have been fun picking that back up! Glad you didn't end up under it.
Good thing the saddlebags weren't on.

Bike
ST1100AX
Errr forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought you were supposed to drain the old oil out via the drain hole on the bottom of the sump rather that attempting to drain it via the filler hole ........ and you have it tipped over on the wrong side for that anyway. ;)

....... yep the ST has been properly thought out for it's tip over protection .... unlike some of the other heavy bikes out there .... tipping one of those would prove to be expensive.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Errr forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought you were supposed to drain the old oil out via the drain hole on the bottom of the sump rather that attempting to drain it via the filler hole ........ and you have it tipped over on the wrong side for that anyway. ;)

....... yep the ST has been properly thought out for it's tip over protection .... unlike some of the other heavy bikes out there .... tipping one of those would prove to be expensive.
It makes it easy to change the filter this way!

Sorry about the tip-over.

Top Bottom