Doubled my number of drops today from 1 to 2

perk263

perkSTer
Bike
2004 ST 1300
Well the kids were off to vacation bible school and I needed to run to Lowe's, I asked the wife if she wanted to go with me on the bike. She said yes and even offered to buy ice cream. Se we started out the driveway and at the end I had to stop for a car. What can I say, we tipped over. Wife didn't fall she was able to step off of the bike, no problem. I do have gravel imbedded in the plastic piece on the side, now it matches the one on the left. The three most important things; 1. no damage to the mirror 2. the peanut butter ice cream was tasty 3. Wife still wants to ride with me

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
I did today and wouldn't you know in front of new people I have never met.:(

Bike
05 ST1300
LOL well then your good to go! Keep on ridding! I am 5'-5" I know my day is coming. I have had a few close calls my self. I almost lost it on a leaf. Gravity is a :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1: and it does not help that I can barely touch the ground. Glad to here you and the misses are ok.

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
LOL ! I am 5'-5" I know my day is coming. I have had a few close calls my self. I almost lost it on a leaf. it does not help that I can barely touch the ground. .
I am 5'2" with a 27" inseam, I'm usually very careful about lifting the bike to get it off the stand but this time I just brought it farther to the right than I normally do and couldn't bring it back she just went over like cow being tipped...LOL, not to worry though, I immediatley picked the bike up before the crowd of on lookers could run over and help..LOL

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Glad to hear it was just a minor "oops" and all is well.
While attending a rally in New Brunswick a couple of weeks ago, I was in a group of about 10 bikes on a day ride to the Bay of Fundy when we stopped at a lookout for photo ops. The lookout was on a bit of a downward slope. I usually stop my bike in gear using the sidestand as a kill switch, but for some idiotic reason, I had in in neutral and forgot to put it in gear. You guessed it...bike rolls forward off the kickstand, I grab the brake, lose my balance and...flop! :eek::
Happens to the best of us.

Patty

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Glad it was just a little easy done tipover. Little damage to the lowers and your pride, but since the wife came out so good, no damage there! And she still bought you Ice Cream! :woo

Bike
ST1300A 2006
Hey, a little tip for tip-overs: When your plastic tip-over covers get minor scuffs, just use a piece of heavy leather backed by wood, or even just a piece of wood, and rub the scuffs out of the plastic cover while they are in place (really you are just burnishing the plastic). Of course you can buy new covers, but this works well for minor scrapes.

If you want, you can take the covers off, and burnish them on a polishing wheel using a clean rag buffing pad at LOW SPEED. You don't want to melt a hole in the plastic. NOW, HOW DO I KNOW ABOUT THIS? Well, let's just say my 93 ST1100 had more than one kiss from the tarmac....it was my first big, heavy bike, and hopefully, I got all my "drops" out with that one! Now I'm on my second ST1300 without incident. :D

Bike
05 ST1300
Good to know there are other little guys like me out there ridding with the big boys! After all when were moving we don't need to touch the ground!

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
Good to know there are other little guys like me out there ridding with the big boys! After all when were moving we don't need to touch the ground!
agree with you, good to know, I get just a little jealous when I look over and see that others can flat foot both feet down and out, I maybe a little unstable at a stop on gravel but over all I do ok with the tripod stance.

Top Bottom