Drink anyone?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hi all,

This is Lee, from MAGnificent Motorcycle Accessories. I was told someone posted the product here and I wanted to "stick my head in" to say thanks!! and to answer any questions. I'd like to ask a question first though....Where can I get one of those maps I see in everyone's posts. I've gone cross country on my boulevard and it would be cool to have one of those maps.

Thanks,

Lee
lee@magnificent-ma.com
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?41237-Adding-a-Map-to-Your-Signature

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Hey Lee, what a great product, why can't I think of something like that, wait I already did. :) The other day I was up on one of my platform ladders at work changing a ballast in a 4 ft fixture and it hit me, I need somewhere to set tools and wire nuts and such, so I built an easy quick setting work table 14x17 and it comes off and on in 2 seconds. Now where do I market my "idear" (as Paul Sr would say)

Ok back to the cup holder, that thing is awesome! Now it makes me want to get a flip up helmet even more now. Thanks, I will be bookmarking that for sure. Take care man! :)

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Looks like I need to make a trip to the plumbing department at Lowest for a 45' coupling and a pair of fernco caps! Thanks for the idea

8-BALL

GeriatricMutantNinja Norwegian
Bike
ST1300 - NT700
STOC #
Gene,

Cool.... But the magnet would probably cost $30 so may as well get it from Lee.

:cool:

Bike
ST1300/ABS
If I still owned my ST1300, my order would already be submitted. However, I doubt that it would work well on my GL1800.

Bike
ST1300/ABS
GL1800....Very nice!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I am way to short for a Gold Wing. 29" - 29 1/2" ride height is about as high as I can go....yes I know I'm a hobbit.
Check out the below listed thread about inseam challenged GL1800 riders. Many are much shorter than you. I loved my ST, but find this Wing much easier to ride, lower center of gravity, etc. At age 69, I felt iut was time for a change, due to the comfort factor of the Wing, etc. I just put a Kruzer Kaddy cup holder on the Wing, but like your design better. I'm thinking your cup holder would not work well on my plastic tank.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301459

Bike
2006 ST1300
Cool! If I was still at my old job I'd be ordering one...I used to pick up fast food for lunch, and have nowhere to put the drink for the ride back to the shop. I used to carefully set the large drink on the tank, and lean it forward slightly so it would rest between the bars. Not ideal...and any sudden maneuver would be bad...but it worked for the 1 mile ride back to the shop at low speed. The cup holder would have worked much better though!

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
OK, I see I might have to line the under side of my top shell with magnets, or at least sheet metal.
The angle on that thing should be fine for mounting it right next to the tank bag, just so I don't try any high speed turns at full lock! :eek:4:

As far as marketing to the Gold Wing crowd... I can understand taking your time on that one. They are pretty much flooded with options for cup holders and many of those riders like to have that cup holder mounted all the time even if it's empty (but it's usually not empty). I was one of those. Had a fold up cup holder for both me and my wife (on the back arm rests). That, and reverse, are a few things I do miss about the GW.

Top Bottom