Dry Pak waterproof duffel (Large)

STOC #
I've been using the 70 liter since the 11th on my vacation trip, and I'm happy to report that the bag has performed without issue - things inside the bag are always nice and dry, even after heavy prolonged storms.

I've been using it to store my Exped Synmat 7.5, my 45 degree sleeping bag, camp pillow, camp led lights, and souvenir tshirts that I've picked up along the way. My tent actually fits in one of the panniers, so with this setup, I can set up the tent and get my sleeping items inside without any risk of them getting wet - or, pack them up while still inside the tent.

The bag fits really nicely on the pillion seat, wide enough to hang over the pannier key slots (you can still unlock the panniers without removing the DryPak bag), but not so wide that it will hamper your ability to sneak through narrow spots if you need to. Two ROK straps have held it securely through all sorts of twisty road hooliganism, and it's made a pretty decent backrest while on the freeway.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I wanted something to use for the vstrom as the twisted throttle dry spec bag is just a little too wide and with a jacket and back armor it pushes too much against my back.

So, I thought I'd try this link out that I've been saving for a couple years and see if the bag was any good. Enter the Dry Pak bag.

This bag is about $50 delivered which is an incredible deal given the type and quality of the bag. It's the same type of waterproof vinyl construction of all the other higher-priced bags.

The dimensions of the bag (large) are 24L x 12H x 12W. But, a couple things that really set this one apart are:

1 - The bottom is formed and semi-rigid and has extra protection so it should ensure a long life.
2 - The opening on this bag is huge - most roll-top bags have narrow openings and sometimes makes it a pain to pack, you could probably pack one of these bags inside another due to how large it opens up.

If you want a high quality bag but at a discount price, this is the one. The amazon picture shows it to look like a brushed cotton material but in person it's actually all shiny black.

Amazon Link

71Xt6c19hNL._SL1500_.jpg
This is the one I went with in X-large 110 liter 30" long. I strap it on length ways with a couple of ROK straps. It is easy to use and extremely durable, I have yet to fill it to max capacity. Ridden in the rain and everything stayed dry.
Anybody interested in a new Givi top box used once?

Bike
2007 ST1300
This is the one I went with in X-large 110 liter 30" long. I strap it on length ways with a couple of ROK straps. It is easy to use and extremely durable, I have yet to fill it to max capacity. Ridden in the rain and everything stayed dry.
Anybody interested in a new Givi top box used once?
Hey there jonjonboo, you have had that bag for a while now, how is it standing up to the test of time?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dry Pak waterproof duffel, X-Large

I missed this review when it was originally posted. Guess I was just looking in the product reviews section. I just received this bag in XL size for Christmas. I've been eying it for some time now to replace 3 other smaller drybags and also to fit some of what I've put in the paniers. Test packed it this weekend and found there is plenty of room for more stuff and still roll it down. I currently plan to pack it on the pillion crossways and the 30" is still less than the paniers stick out on each side (and still able to get to the key slots to open those). I would also like to add the luggage rack to my bike which will extend the tail support about 8", and then I can pack this bag in line with the bike front to back. I was skeptical of the claimed volume to read the description carefully to find out the closed dimensions. Seems the claimed Liters is with the bag open. The cu inches is closer to actual volume closed but maybe if you really stuff it. The stated dimensions of the XL bag is 30"x14"x15" closed and that works out to 6300 cu in, or 103 Liters. The L size bag is 24"x12"x12" which makes it 3456 cu in, or 56.6 Liters. During my test packing of the XL bag I placed just my clothes duffel (small) and sleeping bag (not so small) as if packing the smaller bag and realized the smaller bag won't work for me unless I really squeezed things in. My sleeping bag doesn't pack as small as some newer models but still has lots of life in it. The XL bag will work great since that will fit way more than I plan to put in it, which will be everything that goes inside the tent plus a few extra things. I can roll it down maybe 5 times vs the recommended 3 times. I looked at some bags with just a zipper and rain flap but realized reading reviews that this is not water proof on the back of a bike going 60-70 mph in driving rain. Only the roll top bags will work for me. Now instead of 4 dry bags and my Polar Bear cooler on the seat I'll only need this bag, my small dry bag with tent and tarp, and my cooler. I do also tie on a tail bag but that could also fit inside the Kwik Tek Dry Pak bag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom