Easy Single track

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Interesting.
I started a thread on ADVrider a few months ago, asking if anyone had done it on the 1200 / 1250, and one guy said he did, but didn't video it.
Several had done it on smaller bikes.
The steps going down on the Telluride side would freak me out.
I'd like to see the whole trip, it's only a few miles, but there are some gnarly switchbacks on the back side overlooking Telluride, too.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I've seen about 2 dozen similar videos of very high quality, and still... it takes my breath away. I find myself holding my breath, even though it seems I know most of the turns, terrain, switchbacks and... those fearful steps on the Telluride side. Watching these videos over and over (I have) still makes me tense up; I can't help it.
The lead rider here appears to be flying down the trail, and on ANY bike I would be puckering and tiptoeing down that path, praying and wailing like a little girl. It's amazing to watch, even on the "smaller" bikes.
I would take a GSA on Black Bear Pass any time.
In my dreams.
Putting aside these riders' possible suicidal tendencies, I have utmost respect for their attempts.
Other than a video of 3 big adventure bikes who (wisely) chose to turn around at the beginning, I have yet to see any videos of anyone who didn't make it. Their SD cards are down the side of the mountain somewhere, unlikely to ever be found.
Wow, just wow.

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Top three of the dumbest places I’ve taken the ST. Not as tough as Black Bear but…
Victoria Lake Rd Black Hills in SD
Not my video, I never let go of the grips.

Top Bottom