Evap Removal ?

Bike
91 ST1100
Hey all, really enjoying the info here on this forum. I thought I would add to the knowledge base by asking a good (I hope) question. I have a 91 Ca. spec ST1100 that I have remove the PAIR and EVAP systems from , using info found here and from a local expert on BARF(STGuy). All is looking good I found a cool plug for the vacuum lines and my local hardware store. Its a shelf standoff from Ikea type furniture. Fits the vac lines perfectly and removes easily for carb syncing. Now to my ?? The instructions for EVAP removal state to leave the lines from the carb bowls to the T-fitting in place. I worry about dirt or bugs going down the line. I wondered if I could drill a hole in the airbox bottom and slip the open end of the t into it. The pics show where the upside of the T is and where the hole would come through. Would having a vacuum on this line screw up the operation of the carbs? If not ,any idea of a filter assembly I can add to the t to keep it clean? Ok that's two questions, Bill me later!

Attachments

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Not having the CA model... I am assuming that the open end of the "T" was the evap cannister suction line? If that is so, it is probably not a wise thing to "reverse" the flow by installing it to the air box. Might want to take something like the "sub filter" element and tie wrap it around the open end of the "T" to keep the debris and bugs out.

OP
OP
day004
Bike
91 ST1100
Yeah, I thought about it a bit more and agreed that while it might be "elegant" it not a good idea. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom