Excellent deal on gloves $13.00 !

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Bought these today at Princess auto , Kingston Ontario.Clearance area,rear left area of store.Maybe other store locations have them.
padded palm,good leather areas,& stitching.Fit my 2X paw. Easily $60.00 PLUS at bike retailer.
60FA25C1-599E-4B5D-9A97-23DBD3EDA5AB.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I don't know if I happen to have them lying around any more for a photo op, but I had a pair of riding gloves with ground down carbon fiber knuckles that make me think the gloves in the picture aren't what I'd go with for riding gloves. The polyester finger sides aren't the greatest either, concrete saws through them like a belt sander.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I don't know if I happen to have them lying around any more for a photo op, but I had a pair of riding gloves with ground down carbon fiber knuckles that make me think the gloves in the picture aren't what I'd go with for riding gloves. The polyester finger sides aren't the greatest either, concrete saws through them like a belt sander.
Gotta agree with that. Those are work gloves, not intended to see the type of wear sliding down a road would cause. The pricing says a lot.

Bike
2000 ST1100
I use something similar for ADV off road use; I found a good deal on Mechanix Wear M-Pact for $10 each at the local flea market. I bought a few pair that should last quite a while and quite a bit cheaper than motocross gloves. I bought some for MTB use as well.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
This "debate" over the quality of gloves as protective equipment isn't any different as the mantra about helmets - "If you have a $10.00 head, then buy a $10.00 helmet".

When one considers that the first thing you do when falling is stick out your hands to save yourself, the value of good gloves becomes more apparent. Some need to learn hard lessons the hard way.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I'm not debating the value of good gloves, but the price here in Canada starts to get stupid for a pair of gloves. I mean really four, five and six hundred dollars??

Just seems like highway robbery. Someone's making money "hand over fist."

1675704168695.png

That's what leads folks to find less expensive alternatives.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I believe they have these at home depot too, where i buy all of my motorcycling gloves.
They sometimes have the milwalkee gloves which are heavier and are padded more.the milwalkees are the impact demolition gloves. About $30. I wore mine out and then my grand kids lost them for me.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I'm not debating the value of good gloves, but the price here in Canada starts to get stupid for a pair of gloves. I mean really four, five and six hundred dollars??

Just seems like highway robbery. Someone's making money "hand over fist."

That's what leads folks to find less expensive alternatives.
understood. There are cheaper alternatives that will hold up well in a crash, and some that won't. The $13 work gloves aren't the right tool for the job.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
The $13 work gloves aren't the right tool for the job.
I have to agree with that, dwalby.

Not suitable for a big crash. Only a skin protection. But for a road slide or slight mishap, they would offer a better protection than my thin black leather motorcycle gloves, that only protects a bit your skin against rain, cold or flies.

I saw a pair of motorcycle gloves, at a local motorcycle shop, with some protective shell for the joints and the top side of the hands.
They were around $ 100. That's a cheaper alternative. And one that I will also take, if they have my large hand size.

Last edited:

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300

Still cheaper than skin grafts.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
In a big crash I’d be more worried about having great boots to hold your foot onto your ancle/leg.
In any crash you won't know what piece of equipment gets put to the test until it happens, and it will be different every time. Those gloves you selected won't even survive a small crash if you fall a certain way, but I can tell you're sold on them.

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
45 years+ on a bike. I've been down more often than a $10.00 hooker. ANY glove is better than none. Carbon knuckles are all well and good, but unless I'm riding someplace I might bite some bark with them, my knuckles are the farthest thing from my mind; I've worried more about my palms in damn near every low side I've had...

OP
OP
Jethro

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
45 years+ on a bike. I've been down more often than a $10.00 hooker. ANY glove is better than none. Carbon knuckles are all well and good, but unless I'm riding someplace I might bite some bark with them, my knuckles are the farthest thing from my mind; I've worried more about my palms in damn near every low side I've had...
my thoughts exactly

Reactions: Obo
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Last time/only time I was down was July 1969. I've either learned to be more cautious/observant or on a long term streak of dumb luck. Lately, last few years 'lately', I find gloves do not grip on the throttle side the way they used to, and have become a chore....another distraction, so I dispense with them except on uncomfortable days. New, broken in...doesn't seem to matter. I may try a pair of tough work gloves.

Top Bottom