F9 Video. Honda PC 800

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Ah Shucks..... I still have my barn find...I posted this about 4 years ago...
Hi Everyone
Well here is my story, I am also fishing for information
I ran across a fellow about 5 or 6 years who has a Honda Pacific Coast
parked in his shed, I went there to do some upholstery repairs in their
house and saw this motorcycle while going by the shed, after finishing up in the house
I asked about the bike, it is a Candy Red 1990 ( sold new in 1993) Pacific Coast
Well long story short I have been trying to buy it for all that time because I never saw
it move except to go on a trailer and taken to the dealer about every year for service
fluids changes and such all I ever got was it's not for sale... it turns out the guys wife
thought it would be fun to get her husband something special for his birthday so she bought
this bike and had it delivered complete with a big red bow on it.... They rode it to Yosemite
one or two times and parked it... He was scared of it, so that is where it has sat since 1993 A true BARN FIND
I thought it had 5,470 miles on it... well they called me and said to come and get it out of
their shed last Monday so I hot footed it over there and loaded it up with years of dirt all over it
I checked it over put fresh gas in it and it fired right up....Well after cleaning it up I looked again
at the dash and WOW this thing has 547.2 miles on it, it's NEW it's a kick to ride 800cc gets it down
the road in fine fashion.... It kinda looks like an ST1100 up front but it sure as hell is not.
I am embarrassed to tell what I paid for it but I could more than double maybe triple
it if I put it on ebay....
NOW are there any Pacific Coast owners here on the ST Forum ? or do you have a friend with one? I am looking
for a good forum for the PC but they seem to be very inactive...
Shoot me an email to motorcycledave@mac.com or call me 209-887-3283 if yo can help me out
Again as always Ride Safe
Thanks
Dave

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300
Another great Fortnine video! I see these on the road every now and again- it was good to see the reasoning and design behind it. It DOES have an Acura flavor to it.

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
Not to offend PC800 owners, but I started laughing about this video even before I hit "play". Ryan is a genius. I have never thought that the PC800 was made for car drivers, but his argument makes sense. I've have always thought Honda makes motorcycles for what they think riders should be riding and not ever ask the riders what they want. Hence all the weird stuff that are only on the market for like two years, i.e. the scooters he mentions in the video.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I think many of us are riding a bike that shares a number of the engineering and design elements of the PC800. Shaft drive, anti dive brakes/suspension, bullet proof motor, tip over wings, plastic shrouded handlebars and engine. Squint a bit......... and from the front certainly, the PC800 closely resembles the ST1100. IMHO anyway.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I think this is one of those times Ryan is full of himself and it. He can get a little carried away.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
There’s a white one in Nashville’s Craigslist, for anyone looking.

John

I used to own one and it was the probably the best handling bike I have ridden. Loads of space, smooth as silk but those body panels. Then I bought a ST1300.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
I've have always thought Honda makes motorcycles for what they think riders should be riding and not ever ask the riders what they want.
Big thumbs-up to that statement! It seems like that pendulum started swinging in the early 90's. Right about the time Soichiro Honda died, now that I think about it.

Honda used to be synonymous with cutting-edge performance. Not so much these days. Hard for me to say, too, as I've been a Honda man since I was 8 years old.

Top Bottom