F9 Winterizing your motorcycle

I’ve never winterized a bike. Used to do the boat but I’ve always rode year round.

What mouse mitigation steps do you suggest. Yes, I was too late last year and have to replace the injector sub-harness and I'm looking to avoid this issue going forward.
Thanks in advance

I am going to try @Mondo 's idea of distributing flakes of Irish Spring soap near wire harnesses, around the air cleaner, and around on the floor under the centerstand and wheels. I will probably also deploy some rat sticky traps on the floor.

I am going to try @Mondo 's idea of distributing flakes of Irish Spring soap near wire harnesses, around the air cleaner, and around on the floor under the centerstand and wheels. I will probably also deploy some rat sticky traps on the floor.
I have to chuckle at the timing of this. My wife spotted one of those miserable meeces in our garage two days ago. I set traps and checked one the next morning and it was gone. Figured I must have Mighty Mouse on the premises if he could somehow drag it away. Could not find it anywhere so I loaded up another one. Checked it while taking the dog out today and had a big one but the trap was at least 6 feet from where I placed it. Hmmm. Went back out after coffee to remove it and all that was left was a little fur and meat. It's not Mighty Mouse, I have a cannibal! I just now caught and immediately removed a huge vole. By the way, all 3 were on the opposite side of the garage from my Irish Springed bikes which also have traps by them.

Greg

Irish Spring? Our small water plant is operated 5 days a week. However we are in there no more tha 3 to 4 hrs. per day. Always carefull to wash out food containers b/4 throwing in the trash barrel. Last winter we noticed mouse activity, feces, but discovered tooth marks in a bar of irish spring soap left on the sink. Our mice had the cleanest colon's in town that winter.

Irish Spring? Our small water plant is operated 5 days a week. However we are in there no more tha 3 to 4 hrs. per day. Always carefull to wash out food containers b/4 throwing in the trash barrel. Last winter we noticed mouse activity, feces, but discovered tooth marks in a bar of irish spring soap left on the sink. Our mice had the cleanest colon's in town that winter.

The only thing better than a dead mouse, is a mouse with a bubble butt....

Seems to me that Irish Spring is now made with less fragrance than before.

I found this Ryan F9 video a bit puzzling. He does not usually tout products alone - more often he tests several and lists their weaknesses. For this reason alone, I wondered about his choices and naming so many products and showing them. I've never heard of his brand of fuel stabilizer, and other charging harnesses are cheaper (I've not checked wire gages, as he said he has). Was that bike of his a two stroke or a four stroke? I thought all of Stihl's leaf blowers were two stroke, requiring 50:1 gas/oil mix. All in all, I have more questions about this F9 video than answers.

I’ve never winterized a bike.
Same here. How do I know whether a warm-enough-to-ride day will pop up in the winter? Plus my riding group regularly does a New Years Day ride. I park my bike as usual, cover it after it cools, and go inside.

I got my 1100 in August of '18 and put in an $88 AGM from Walmart. The past two springs, it started as if it had been ridden the day before. No battery tender or fuel treatment, just under a cover outdoors.

I found this Ryan F9 video a bit puzzling. He does not usually tout products alone - more often he tests several and lists their weaknesses. For this reason alone, I wondered about his choices and naming so many products and showing them. I've never heard of his brand of fuel stabilizer, and other charging harnesses are cheaper (I've not checked wire gages, as he said he has). Was that bike of his a two stroke or a four stroke? I thought all of Stihl's leaf blowers were two stroke, requiring 50:1 gas/oil mix. All in all, I have more questions about this F9 video than answers.

You obviously watch more carefully than me... had to go back and look. Good catch, yes, the bike is 4 stroke and yes the leaf blower is 2 stroke, so you wouldn't want to use the same gas. He doesnt actually add any of that gas to the leaf blower, so I bet he just did that to see who was paying attention... LOL

It wasn’t Mighty Mouse, it was the fattest vole around. They eat anything, including mice, other voles, and Irish Spring. Fortunately, they generally don’t claim up into stuff like a motorcycle, I hope!

Greg

Back
Top Bottom