Fallen Rider-Ken Morton

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Sorry to hear of this tragic loss, our condolences to his family and friends.

I guess, like many, he died while doing something he loved to do......

I didn't know him but it is always sad to hear of a fellow rider down..........

TPadden

Tom Padden
I ran into him on Saturday when I was riding back from LocSToc; near Iowa City. We met on 151 heading southwest and rode together for about 50 miles and talked at a couple stop lights passing through Cedar Rapids. He had Washington Plates and an extended gas tank on the back of his bike ( with NY or bust written on the tank) so I asked if he was doing the Iron Butt - he said no but was doing a smaller LD rally - the Utah 1088. He headed west on 80 when I continued south.

It's a small world and a smaller community; RIP Ken.

I looked up a picture to be sure and I am ...... our paths crossed and we met Saturday in the rainy drizzel .....

Bike
SuzukiBoulevard
I ran into him on Saturday when I was riding back from LocSToc; near Iowa City. We met on 151 heading southwest and rode together for about 50 miles and talked at a couple stop lights passing through Cedar Rapids. He had Washington Plates and an extended gas tank on the back of his bike ( with NY or bust written on the tank) so I asked if he was doing the Iron Butt - he said no but was doing a smaller LD rally - the Utah 1088. He headed west on 80 when I continued south.

I looked up a picture to be sure and I am ...... our paths crossed and we met Saturday in the rainy drizzel .....

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. Prayers for peace and strength being sent to his family. I wonder if it were possible to get this picture to his loved ones. I'm sure they'd like to see it.

Abby

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Wow Tom... Not sure what to say other than that, good to see he made a connection with another rider that day.

TPadden

Tom Padden
I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. Prayers for peace and strength being sent to his family. I wonder if it were possible to get this picture to his loved ones. I'm sure they'd like to see it.

Abby
Abby,

I found the picture on the internet from one of his previous adventures. My encounter was just an hour on the road with a few words exchanged about his obviously LD equipped Wee Strom, Washington plates, the weather, and the note that I was just back from his neck of the woods - Washington.

Tom

Bike
SuzukiBoulevard
Abby,

I found the picture on the internet from one of his previous adventures. My encounter was just an hour on the road with a few words exchanged about his obviously LD equipped Wee Strom, Washington plates, the weather, and the note that I was just back from his neck of the woods - Washington.

Tom
Thanks for clarifying Tom, I misunderstood the picture and your post. The bike did seem oddly under-equipped for an LD ride.

Abby

Bike
2006 ST1300
This saddened me when I first read it, and it still does. I saw a couple 1088 riders in Buffalo, I can't help but wonder if Ken was one of them. One was on a DL, so its a good possibility. I didn't get a chance to talk with any, they were in and out pretty quickly. Now I wish I could have at least shaken their hands.

RIP.

Jim

Hi all. It was an honor to stumble across this thread and see that there's another subset of the moto world that paid respects to Ken's passing.

The 'official' (aka "I paid for someone to edit it") revoff video is alive (and included below). There are other videos and much more on the memorial page:
http://dreadpiratekermit.org/

[video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/26787149[/video]

Obviously I'm not around here much- just signed up to say thanks to everyone.

Top Bottom