Fascinating illogical... (CMS)

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Prologue:

March 11, 2023: I'm ordering 2 pcs 64502MEWD20 STAY, SCREEN (clearly marked [in stock]) for my GF's NT700, finalize that order + shipment charges in order to get those ASAP

March 12, 2023: I'm seperately ordering several spares for my ST1100 (marked [out of stock]) finalize that order, accept the shipment charges, no rush on those...

Case:

Weeks go into the land, me frequently checking the status on my order 4973185 from March 11 for the NT, no changes: not handled, not shipped, nadda...

April 2, 2023: I'm opening a ticked, inquiring the whereabouts of my order from March 11, 2023...

April 3, 2023: I receive notification that my order has been shipped (surprise!) and that my ticket has been closed; I check the order status: that's all my items! NT700 and ST1100...

Claim:

They've charged me twice for shipment, but shipped only once... :rolleyes:

So I'm emailing them again:
nope, ticked isn't "closed", you guys have overcharged me on shipment!

Their reply:
Our ordering system charges shipping and handeling costs for every order.
Normally customers inform us if a double order has been placed or if a customer has forgotten to add a part to his order and placed an extra order.
We manually combine orders if needed and recalculate the shipping costs. Left over funds will be refunded to the customer.
If a customer places two orders with the intend to get them shipped separately.....we need to be informed because otherwise these orders will be shipped together as soon as all ordered parts are available for shipping.
If a "split" delivery is needed than we have to manually arrange the shipment of all available / in stock parts.
Just shipping of specific parts of an specific order is not possible.
Out of curtesy we will recalculate the shipping costs and refund the extra amount charged to the account we have received the payment from.
Courtesy my A... :mad:
Without opening a claim they would have silently kept the overcharge...

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Did they offer s tracking number for the shipment?
Have you received anything yet?
Reckon you'd know, if you received 2 of everything.

OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Did they offer s tracking number for the shipment?
Have you received anything yet?
Those processes work as announced, you'll receive shipment notification and a FedEx tracking No...
I'm just hung on the fact that they (deliberately?!) waited till all parts were avail to ship only once...

Bike
VStrom 650
I hope you get the order ASAP, if that's CMS NL I've always found them very efficient but like all businesses it's easy to lapse occasionally.
Upt.

OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I hope you get the order ASAP, if that's CMS NL I've always found them very efficient but like all businesses it's easy to lapse occasionally.
Methinks they feel like owning the monopoly...
Yes they're a large operation, yes they have a lot of stuff avail, yes some of that is quite rare to find and maybe not avail elsewhere...
But out of this they've grown astronomical prices...
I can (and do) get OEM brake pads for <45% of their price...
I can (and do) get OEM clutch sets for <65% of their price...
OK, I've to compare prices carefully and shop accordingly... my duty as a responsible buyer/consumer...

But to ship only once, while silently keeping the fee for the 1st shipment in, is plain impertinent IMO...
My GF had to ride 3 weeks in ghastly weather without a windscreen on her NT, because they decided to make a few extra... miffed... :confused:

Top Bottom