Favorite air powered brake bleeding tool?

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
I redid near everything on the Valkyrie and been working on getting the brakes bleed, but Speed Bleeders, Mityvac and all, it's not happening with this totally bone dry system.
This one is the most stubborn one I've messed with in a while. I'm due to buy a power bleeder anyway.

What is your favorite power bleed tool and recommendations?

Thanks!

@Igofar has said several times that using a syringe setup to push the fluid through backwards (from caliper up to the MC) often will solve the hard bleeding syndrome.
Him and ten others on the syringe thing.... I am just looking for the quickest, least hassle bleed tool, so I can be done and move to the next thing.
It won't go to waste either, I seem to be the neighborhood sucker who works on Honda bikes for beers. Brakes always come up....

On my K1 Cb750 after I rebuilt my master cylinder, it took about 5 minutes to reverse bleed. Super easy.

Most power bleed tools require an air hose, ubiquitous in auto service station. Miteyvac sells a hand pump one, iirc. I happen to have a vacuum pump used for a/c service, so I took a mason jar, cut a wood plug slightly smaller than the diameter of the mouth, glued it to the bottom of the cover, drilled two holes through the cover and wood and epoxied two copper tubes in the holes. One tube ends just below the wood, the other goes to the bottom of the jar. The vacuum pump is connected to the short tube, the long tube goes to the bleed nipple. I crack a vent valve to reduce the vacuum and have at my brakes. Advantages: ridiculously cheap, easy to build using stuff I had, works like a charm (recently upgraded it to 1/2 gallon Ball jar), with my bleed valve and pressure gauge I can adjust the vacuum from c.30" of Hg down to 0.* Disadvantages: If you don't own a vacuum pump its ridiculously expensive, glass jar is fragile and does not mix well w/ concrete garage floors, pump is heavy.
*This last feature is not needed as long as you can pull 15 to 20" of vacuum and is a dubious advantage.

Most power bleed tools require an air hose, ubiquitous in auto service station. Miteyvac sells a hand pump one, iirc. I happen to have a vacuum pump used for a/c service, so I took a mason jar, cut a wood plug slightly smaller than the diameter of the mouth, glued it to the bottom of the cover, drilled two holes through the cover and wood and epoxied two copper tubes in the holes. One tube ends just below the wood, the other goes to the bottom of the jar. The vacuum pump is connected to the short tube, the long tube goes to the bleed nipple. I crack a vent valve to reduce the vacuum and have at my brakes. Advantages: ridiculously cheap, easy to build using stuff I had, works like a charm (recently upgraded it to 1/2 gallon Ball jar), with my bleed valve and pressure gauge I can adjust the vacuum from c.30" of Hg down to 0.* Disadvantages: If you don't own a vacuum pump its ridiculously expensive, glass jar is fragile and does not mix well w/ concrete garage floors, pump is heavy.
*This last feature is not needed as long as you can pull 15 to 20" of vacuum and is a dubious advantage.
I have the metal Mityvac and several of the nice plastic containers and fittings. Also have a decent air compressor......all have been good to me.
But my geek tool junkie side is wondering what's out there. I have seen videos in the past, where the guy hooks it up, hits the pressure and pssssssst, its done. Guess I'll dig on YouTube..Kinda goes under there's more than one way to skin a cat..
( Where did that phase ever come from?) --Guess I'll hit Amazon and grab a syringe while I'm digging around.

I made my own using a pesticide sprayer.

Example

If you are looking to buy rather than build, I find my Motive pressure bleeder to be the solution to my "hard to bleed" situations.

I did still have to make my own adapters for the Honda master cylinders.

If you are looking to buy rather than build, I find my Motive pressure bleeder to be the solution to my "hard to bleed" situations.

I did still have to make my own adapters for the Honda master cylinders.

Yea, I simply bought a master cylinder cover, drilled, tapped, and screwed in a brass fitting to the cover, to which the hose from the pump is attached

I've shown folks time and time again, that I was always able to remove more air out of their brake systems with my simple motion pro check valve, AFTER they used a pressure or vacuum system.
You can't pull or push fluid quickly throughout the system without making air bubbles.

I've shown folks time and time again, that I was always able to remove more air out of their brake systems with my simple motion pro check valve, AFTER they used a pressure or vacuum system.
You can't pull or push fluid quickly throughout the system without making air bubbles.
+1, FWIW.

Also, you may need to bleed the master cylinder banjo bolt, clutch and/or brakes.

+1 on that. Now that Larry has shown me the ways of the MotionPro bleeder, my MityVac has been sitting on a shelf, getting very lonely.

Back
Top Bottom