Fender Extension

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Warmer day here in western NY 50 Deg So i decided to install front fender extender purchsed fro Blue One. Nice product should do a good job keeping dirt, oil ,stones of the lower fairing and engine front.
Close quarters so fitment has to be right. One thing was one of the fender nuts fell out so i put a little caulk behind the 4 of them and put the bolts in to let the set up so they would stay in place. Then i put carpet tape under the fork/reflector brackets so they would stay with the fender. See pics

Attachments

Bike
2012 ST1300
It was a beautiful day in WNY. Got about 50 miles of riding in. I also bought a fender extender, but have yet to install it. Bought it from Maier Manufacturing. It looks like it will be a tight fit.

Bike
'05 ST1300
Warmer day here in western NY 50 Deg So i decided to install front fender extender purchsed fro Blue One. Nice product should do a good job keeping dirt, oil ,stones of the lower fairing and engine front.
Close quarters so fitment has to be right. One thing was one of the fender nuts fell out so i put a little caulk behind the 4 of them and put the bolts in to let the set up so they would stay in place. Then i put carpet tape under the fork/reflector brackets so they would stay with the fender. See pics
The PO of my '05 installed one years ago and it's certainly made a difference in the amount of crud thrown up as compared to my ST11 without one.
Recommended!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Can you help with a link?
I've gone to Uncle Googlie, but he's showing me Fender guitars, Yamaha bike parts, retail clothing outfitters and all sorts of junk.
Searched for Blue One fender as well... nada.
Does the Uncle behave differently north of the border?
Thanks much, @Catmandu2

OP
OP
Jambriwal

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Can you help with a link?
I've gone to Uncle Googlie, but he's showing me Fender guitars, Yamaha bike parts, retail clothing outfitters and all sorts of junk.
Searched for Blue One fender as well... nada.
Does the Uncle behave differently north of the border?
Thanks much, @Catmandu2
Search for members here on ST site for blue one

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks, all.
I did find him, searching the forum, not long after posting my query.
Mistakenly thought the name was a company / vendor, and now see he's a person.
I got this - y'all are great!

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
Nice. What type of glue did you use? Mine fell off after a few months, so I had to switch to another type of glue, and so far so good.

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Mine fell off after a few months
So did mine; haven't replaced it yet but prob should as I think it definitely helped keep the front of the bike cleaner. Curious what glue works for those who have been successful. I thought I followed the instructions for type but apparently I did not.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Blue One specifies ABS Solvent cement that is used for ABS plumbing pipe.
I used black ABS solvent that blends in and almost disappears unlike the yellow.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I had an old posting with photos that no longer seems to be here. I bought the Blue One Stuff Stopper out of Edmonton and it still is great. I used yellow ABS glue after using masking tape. Then clamped until set. After that I used a smoothed of bead of the "Right Stuff" on the inside and out, and today it remains as it was when installed many years ago. Wow I really need to clean my trusty ride...today will be that day.
Fenda extenda.jpg

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Blue One recommends common abs solvent. Both the fender and the extender are abs components. Make sure the mating surfaces are clean and skuffed before applying the cement to both surfaces. Be sure that your clamping method is sorted out,,, and do a dry run so that you are confident in your process. There won't be much chance for adjustment,,, and the bond will be strong and permanent. It is pretty straight forward,,, cheers,, CAt'

Top Bottom