Finally got a Handy Table Lift.

I have that same jack, and tried to use it for my first oil change when I got the ST home.
It was, ah, ..."interesting". Well, nerve-wracking is more like it, and the next oil change was with both wheels on the ground.
Has anyone figured out how to jack the ST up like this - both wheels off the ground, that isn't terrifying ?

1604415913402.png

Just use your k&l center jack and the bikes centerstand and stop trying to overthink things.
There is no need to lift an ST in the air to remove both tires at the same time.

Just use your k&l center jack and the bikes centerstand and stop trying to overthink things.
There is no need to lift an ST in the air to remove both tires at the same time.
+1. Also, once you get the front wheel off, slide the axle back in and put a jack stand underneath.

Last time I re-tired my Nighthawk, I rode it to the shop and took one wheel off at a time, carried it in, and put it back on.

@ST1100Y - that's essentially what I did the first oil change.
At least for the oil change, I found on the 2nd go-round that it's really unnecessary.
And my heartrate thanked me. I don't need that drama. :D
Going forward, if I don't have a work table (and I don't), my 1300 will remain firmly planted on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom