Finally rode my ST1300 for the first time this year!

Bike
2003 ST1300
Well guys, it finally happened.. The roads cleared up enough, and the temperature was just at the freezing mark so I decided I was going to take the ST1300 for its first real ride (My work commute) . I loved my heated grips, and not feeling any wind on my legs or body with the windshield all the way up!

One thing I have to say about this bike is that its surprisingly faster then what it seems... it doesn't have a screaming inline 4 engine, but every time I'd look down at the speedo its always reading 20-30kph over the limit.. have to learn to slow down! The speed creeps up really easily.

I really love the brakes too. I think Im going to enjoy this bike :D

troystr68

Troyster
feels great to get that first ride!!!!!
That was me last weekend
I put the two brothers Black series on my bike
you talk about making a HUGE difference in motor response!!!!!

Bike
2013 st 1300
I had planned on riding next week...well, that's not gonna happen now !!! Probably won't be ble to ride anywhere until 1st week Apr...if we don't get any more.

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
I had planned on riding next week...well, that's not gonna happen now !!! Probably won't be ble to ride anywhere until 1st week Apr...if we don't get any more.
I have a brother in law out there. I feel for you man. I will ride in your honor when I head out today after work.

Bike
2004 - Blue!!
I agree about the st being more powerful than it seems. I just came from an inline 4 sport bike that seemed faster but in reality: I travel much faster in the ST without even realizing. I think the full windshield doesn't help that problem.

Bike
ST1300A '10
.....One thing I have to say about this bike is that its surprisingly faster then what it seems... it doesn't have a screaming inline 4 engine, but every time I'd look down at the speedo its always reading 20-30kph over the limit.. have to learn to slow down! The speed creeps up really easily....
Yup, that takes some getting use to. 'Warp-drive engine with no signs of stress, minimal buffeting from full-tilt tupperware, and a fat powerband make for a bike that can suprise you. The first time I jumped on the trottle to pass soneone on the freeway & looked down to see that I was a wee bit north of 100MPH (I thought it would be 80 maybe) I knew I'd need to readjust my settings on that. Most bikes give you lots of signals when they are running hard. I'm not entirely sure the ST really EVER runs that hard, it just starts to grin a little:D

Top Bottom