First drop-fessin' up.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I dropped the ST last weekend, 0 mph. No damage, gently laid it on the "already slighty scuffed side"
I had my girlfriend getting on board, bracing with my legs(note to self: make sure the sidestand is down) Instead of staying close to the bike, she kind of hung way out there. You can guess the rest.......
The neighbors thought it was funny.
Thinking about a hack............. :rolleyes:

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Hope you and the GF are OK and that she helped 'right the bike! (only fair!) That'll learn her!

Pillion mounting is one of the most difficult times to hold it up. Gotta be xtra careful.

Now, where's Fred with your lighter??

OP
OP
Ozzie
Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Hope you and the GF are OK and that she helped 'right the bike! (only fair!) That'll learn her!

Pillion mounting is one of the most difficult times to hold it up. Gotta be xtra careful.

Now, where's Fred with your lighter??
I'm used to top heavy with the big Magna. This ST is a whole other ball game. It's beyond top heavy.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
When my wife gets on the ST I make double sure I have both feet on the ground, both handle bars in my hands and I'm ready for her to climb on. She has learned to ask me when I'm ready. We didn't lose the bike over but came very close the first few times she climbed aboard. She has to stand on the peg then swing her leg over so she is much higher off the ground then she ever was getting on the cruiser. The top box on the back of the ST makes it a little different also. I've scratched the seat a few times with my boot getting my leg over the seat because I'm such a lard a**. Time to lose some weight. Don't tell my wife I said that. I will not see anything but rabbit food for some time if she hears me talk like that!

OP
OP
Ozzie
Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
When my wife gets on the ST I make double sure I have both feet on the ground, both handle bars in my hands and I'm ready for her to climb on. She has learned to ask me when I'm ready. We didn't lose the bike over but came very close the first few times she climbed aboard. She has to stand on the peg then swing her leg over so she is much higher off the ground then she ever was getting on the cruiser. The top box on the back of the ST makes it a little different also. I've scratched the seat a few times with my boot getting my leg over the seat because I'm such a lard a**. Time to lose some weight. Don't tell my wife I said that. I will not see anything but rabbit food for some time if she hears me talk like that!
Yeah, I need to drop a few pounds, and the girlfriend is breathing down my neck about quitting smoking. No smoking and losing weight do not go hand in hand for me. I had to quit at least one kind of smoke. Damn pee tests..............

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Geez! I need to get on the ball! You guys are just dropping these bikes all over the place! Here's your TOA!

Omega.Rider

Weapons-grade stupid
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
Hell, I've lost the weight and I still scuff the seat occassionally getting on the bike. I'm 6 foot with a 36 inch inseam. I guess I can only figure that my excuse is klutziness. :(

Haven't tipped the ST yet... But I have dropped my RS Venture 2 times; once while adjusting the headlight thinking I had the side stand down, stepped off to view rear lights... Lifting a 900 lbs Venture is no fun; you have to lean your backside to the saddle, grip the passenger bar and the steering, and lift from the legs. Then turn around and grab the bike before she falls over all again :) The other time when some a**hole jumped a slow moving queue with his car and cut me across. No damage, but it'll set your blood boiling. On the other hand: the public is mighty impressed when they see you righting a monster like that Venture :)

Story reminds me of this spring when the wife and I were going for our first ride of the season. We were taking the Goldwing as she prefers it over the ST. Can't figure that one out. Anyway she and I have probably ridden 100K at least, together. She always asks if I'm ready and said OK. Well for some reason, I can't even guess, she goes to get on the RIGHT side of the bike, first time in over 40 years of riding. So I guess you should always expect the unexpected when on or even near a bike.

STOC #
there are two types of riders - those who have dropped their bikes and those who haven't yet. part of riding and if no one is hurt - that experience may help the next time!

Top Bottom