First ride!

So, today was the day.

I bought my ST1300 just before new-years as a non-runner, and spent until today servicing, repairing, replacing and puting it back to stock.

I went to the state inspection place (similar to the UK MOT) in the morning and passed with flying colours. After that, went for a brief 150Km test-ride in a balmy 6C (42F).

This bike is a rolling contradiction. Big and heavy, but still very nimble. Twist the throttle, and it doesn't seem like too much exiting things are happening until you look at the speedo. Sometimes I felt like I was in too high of a gear and was sure it would start chugging as soon as I let out the clutch, but, no. It's the equivalent to driving a big-block V8. Any gear will just pull.

So-far, I'm happy as can-be. We're riding some pretty nice bikes, in my opinion.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
This bike is a rolling contradiction. Big and heavy, but still very nimble. Twist the throttle, and it doesn't seem like too much exiting things are happening until you look at the speedo.
The hallmark of the ST.

Just never stop and it doesn't get heavy.
Ain't that the truth!

Accidental Ironbutt said:
So-far, I'm happy as can-be. We're riding some pretty nice bikes, in my opinion.
Congratulations. And yes. Yes we are.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Alright. I'm not really the type to snap pictures all the time, but here's the only one I have that shows the whole bike, and not just some bolts that I need to remember later. ;)
I, for one, would be keen to learn what that black thingy is beneath the windscreen black support arm.
Looks almost like an antenna, but also looks almost like an action camera mount. Both guesses I suspect, are incorrect.
And we're not asking for you to snap pictures "all the time". We would never do that.
Only THIS time, and there's a difference! :)

OP
OP
Accidental Ironbutt
I, for one, would be keen to learn what that black thingy is beneath the windscreen black support arm.
Previous owner decided that the best place to put an FM-antenna was to drill a hole in the fairing, unfortunately.
If I can find a replacement upper cowl for a decent price, I'll be all over it to get rid of that thing.

If you're referring to the black bike, I'd like to know what the two ovals are under the headlight.
The black bike is a ZZ-R1100/Ninja ZX11 (depending on market). The two ovals are the ram-air intakes. Kawasaki claims it creates quite a bit of horsepower when you're going fast. I'm not super convinced about that, but then again, a lot of newer bikes have similar systems as well.

Top Bottom