First "Tip Over" thanks to the Spyder

draboo

SpongeBob Ogler
Bike
'10 Spyder RT-S
We went for a spin today, me on the ST and wife/Kiddo the pup on the Spyder. The first light we came to I was in the process of turning right on a red light, then I decided to stop to relook the situation. My better half didnt see me stop and ran into the the left bag. Over I went on the right side, but it was slow. If my back wasn't sore, I may have saved it.

It was rather amusing, me and her righting the ST in the right lane of a busy intersection. Now I have a scuffed tipover wing, and a little scuff on the rear of the bag.

That's T.O #1..:D

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Congrats! Wife was looking left while moving I assume. Years ago, I almost hit a pedestrian turning right on red as I began to move before I looked forward.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I hit a car years ago doing the same thing. The car started to go and I was looking to the left when the car stoped and I hit it. My bad no damage just my pride!! :D Glad it was just minor damage!!

:usflag1:

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
drabo... you have been given a gift. :)

Never hold this over your dear one's head... but never forget!

Glad everyone's OK. Silly things happen to everyone.

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
I hit a car years ago doing the same thing. The car started to go and I was looking to the left when the car stoped and I hit it. My bad no damage just my pride!! :D :usflag1:
Mike, I did the exact same thing, tho not on my ST :pray1:, but on a CB1000.
Woke me right up :22yikes:

Bike
"07" ST1300
I have been tooled that there are two types of riders ... those that have gone down and those that are going down. I have been riding pretty steady since "98" and I am dreading that first time.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
STOC #
Yep, I have dumped my Triumph Sprint ST twice in the parking lot at work. I have yet to drop the ST1300. I expect it will happen one day. Like Whisper said, "those that have gone down and those that will go down."

ms

Top Bottom