First tip over.

Bike
'08 ST1300
I have a driveway that slopes slightly toward the garage and while trying to motor up the incline I did not create enough momentum and the bike just turned to the left and dropped down. No harm to the bike but man it sure was a bugger getting the thing righted back up. Won't make that mistake again !
I am still getting used to handling a 750 lb bike as apposed to a 400 lb bike that I used to regularly ride.

Bike
'15 FJR ES
It happens. Be happy the ST comes from the factory with tip-over protection.

I have not dropped it in a while but in the past I did it often enough that I had the part # for the plastic tip-over cover sitting on my computer desk at home. Now I don't worry about changing it.

Bike
2003 ST1300
I had my first tip over last week, now everyone is trying to imitate me! I want credit!
Glad to hear you're OK.

Bike
ST1100
It seems this tip over thing is contagious as I managed to catch a bout of it, this evening. There is a car park near me which is approx. 1 in 5 slope and I parked across the slope, as I went to put the side stand down the bike it started to fall and I couldn't hold it. Result small crack in mirror fairing, scrape on crash bar cover and damaged pride. :( On the bright side it could have been a lot worse and a valuable lesson has been learnt.:)

Bike
2007 ST1300
Glad to hear you and the bike are ok. As for not making that mistake again...good luck. I've had two, not exactly the same but I also said won't do that again. Doh!:D

Bike
2008 Honda ST13
Same thing happened to me except I had a rider. With butt to bike it was surprisingly easy to put back up. It fell on the port side so I just had to make sure I didn't flop it over to the other side.

Bike
'08 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I'll add my last, just to make all of you other recent tip-over-ees feel better:) My last tip-over was in late May this year. My fault, but a pretty unusual circumstance. Was going to meet my wife at her friend's new house. It was the last house on the left (oooo...) on a dead-end street. Old street, lots of crown in the road. Wife's 4Runner was parked just before the driveway, and driveway at the very end of the street. I was going fairly slowly, and could not see the actual driveway entrance past the 4Runner as I approached. I knew it would be a tight turn in going down the road crown, through the gutter, and back up into the driveway. As I rounded the 4Runner and started the turn in - lo and behold there was a bunch of stuff laying in the driveway just past the gutter (she is doing some remodeling work).

Tight low speed turn to right, no room to get straight up to stop (although I gave it my best effort),...

0.2 mph tip-over. Stepped off, no harm done other than adding to the existing scuff on bottom of right tip-over bar cover. Got situated, did the butt-to-seat pick up after putting the side stand down. Biggest issue was backing it up the road crown slope to get where I could get it aimed back out the road....

Comedy of 3 Stooge's proportion...

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
I dropped my ST1100 several times, I'm still a tip over virgin on the 1300. It seems easier to balance than the 1100 to me, may be the Corbin seat.

Top Bottom