Fitting Glpro DS Gear indicator to my 2014 ST1300 - Can't locate DLC plug

Bike
ST 1300 black
I guys,
Can anyone please assist me. I'm trying to locate the diagnostic plug to fit the Gear indicator. Having scoured previous threads I can't open any pics attached to files from members who have previously posted the same problem. The plug must be well hidden !. Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers, Edd

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
It is back by the tail section. Remove pillion section. Should be tied to one of the side frame tubes. It will be a wire connector with nothing hooked up to it.

OP
OP
Bike
ST 1300 black
Thanks Kevin, I've located it now. Hopefully, I'll finish the job tomorrow.
Cheers
Edd.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Thanks Kevin, I've located it now. Hopefully, I'll finish the job tomorrow.
Cheers
Edd.
I'm having exactly the same problem you had. Where is the DLC? Is it covered in tape? Did you have to cut the harness open? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Edd:

Please do report back to the rest of us your opinion of the GLpro Gear Indicator. I have been thinking of getting one of these, but I'm a little apprehensive because the manufacturer states that it only works (indicates current gear) when the motorcycle is moving. So, after you have used it for a bit, come back and tell us what you think of it.

Michael

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I am not Edd but have one. Yes, it only will report the correct gear when moving. Once installed you have to "Teach" it. You do so by either driving, or carefully run through the gears while on the center stand. Once "taught" it will then display the gear. It is doing a calculation of your speed compared to RPM to determine gear. Once stopped or slowing down with clutch pulled in your display will not be correct. I like it for what it is. An indicator of gear selected. Does it stop you from shifting to 6th, NO. It is nice for the times when you think you are in 5th and really in 4th.

I would go through the effort to put one on if I were to buy a replacement that did not have a gear position indicator.

Top Bottom