for those that have both or have had
will the Honda ST1300 oil filter work on a FJR1300
it seems I seen once they were the same but now I can not find that info

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Yes, I have been using the ST filter on my wifes FJR for 4 years..

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
When I got my FJR I took along a couple of oil filters from my ST with the intent to trade them for Yamaha ones....parts guy said they're identical, good enough for me.............ff

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Now that is something that I wondered about but never knew. Strangely, I used to buy the filter for Pop's FJR and my ST1300 at the same time, at the same parts counter. One came in a Yamaha box, the other in Honda plastic wrap. They don't cost the same but I will have to dig up a receipt to see which is more.

I wonder if the parts clerk is chuckling at my ignorance or if I should be upset at theirs...

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Don, have you seen this great page? http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

The ST and the FJR use type [5] on that page (the same).

I read that the FJR guys that use the Purolator (like me) use the PL14612 because it's length matches the original Yammie filter and they're painted black. The PL14610 (that I use on the ST1300) fits and works the same, but protrudes 3/4" further out towards the riders's left toe, and further is painted an ugly goldish-yellow color (visible on the FJR).

There's an interesting experience of an FJR owner regarding either a mis-labeled or mis-manufactured number of Bosch 3323 filters: http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/161314-bosch-3323-oil-filter/. Fortunately no harm done to the engine, but it warrants our giving any filter a critical look-over before using it.

The FJR filter is the same as those on the ST1100, ST1300, Triumphs of various models. The only slight difference I have found is that the OEM filters use a slightly different filter end pattern so the cap filter tool for the OEM filters is slightly different to some after market ones. Interestingly, the Triumph filters are made in the USA.

Some time ago Honda had different part numbers for the oil filters for various models, but that was rationalised some time ago.

Top Bottom