For everbody visiting Paris and the Olympics this summer....

Bike
2010 ST1300
Prices are rising. For some of the more popular events (gymnastics and swimming) tickets are sold out. For others, a ticket can cost up to $3,000 USD (close enough that the difference won't buy a croissant and coffee). Hotels' prices have doubled, tripled and even quintupled their rates. If you are planning to ride your bike, large areas of Paris will be closed to motor vehicles and even the local Metro prices are going up. On the other hand, Break Dancing at the Place de la Concorde and Beach Volleyball at the Eiffel Tower will be free. Bring your binoculars.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
And IIRC, 'older' motorcycles cannot come into Paris - or maybe they have to pay an exorbitant fee.
I forgot to mention, they are banning motorized vehicles from a lot of areas in central Paris to encourage walking, bicycling, and public transportation. But, if they don't clear the manure deposited by the farmers recently, ticket prices might drop significantly.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I forgot to mention, they are banning motorized vehicles from a lot of areas in central Paris to encourage walking, bicycling, and public transportation. But, if they don't clear the manure deposited by the farmers recently, ticket prices might drop significantly.
I think a lot of the 'manure' was already there before the farmers showed up .... ;)

Bike
R1200rt
Prices are rising. For some of the more popular events (gymnastics and swimming) tickets are sold out. For others, a ticket can cost up to $3,000 USD (close enough that the difference won't buy a croissant and coffee). Hotels' prices have doubled, tripled and even quintupled their rates. If you are planning to ride your bike, large areas of Paris will be closed to motor vehicles and even the local Metro prices are going up. On the other hand, Break Dancing at the Place de la Concorde and Beach Volleyball at the Eiffel Tower will be free. Bring your binoculars.
Some areas of Paris are not safe for police to go in so why would you ride a bike there?

Top Bottom