For no particular reason... but relevant

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Found on farcebook, and collectively this struck a (happy) nerve with me... enjoy.
I took the liberty of Bolding and Italicizing my favorites.

Motorcycle truisms
If two air gauges agree, they are both wrong.
Shaft drives are less trouble than chain drives, until they aren’t.
The center of a tire ruins a perfectly good motorcycle tire.
Motorcycles choose the most awkward times to fall over.
It’s best to keep summer air in the tires.
Rule number one; look where you want to go. Rule number two; reread rule number one.
June bugs aim for the head.
Slow for school zones, loose gravel, speed traps, and vultures feeding on road kill.
Expensive modifications reduce the sale value of the motorcycle.
New tires just feel good.
That first ride in the spring is going to be wobbly.
Motorcycles make you invisible.
Loud bikes are just loud.
Helmet shields are best cleaned with dish soap, warm water, and finger tips. Dry with microfiber or a dish towel from IKEA. Paper products scratch plastic. Yes, even Kleenex, if paper is only available, blot gently.
You can fall asleep on a motorcycle.
When traveling east; start late and ride till dark but watch for deer.
When traveling west; start early and stop early, but watch for deer.
Watch for deer.
Choose able travel companions that can be a bit crusty.
Let the kid sit on your bike.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
What I have learned on motorcycle forums.
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place to get a motorcycle tire mounted? is…you really want a car tire.

2. The answer to: how well does the Bilt helmet Bluetooth work? is that the HJC helmet fits better.

3. The laws of physics do not apply to motorcycles. Quarter mile times or dyno tests don't mean anything. The only way to determine performance increase is by seat-of-the-pants feel

4. The bike ran fine til I replaced the ignition switch, now no start, no lights. The obvious problem is the year old battery that was fine until an hour ago when I replaced the switch.

5. A certain brand of oil is absolutely responsible for a 2% increase in fuel mileage! when most gas pumps are only accurate to 5%.

6. The rear chain drive is unreliable and a shaft drive is always preferred. The MotoGP riders just won't listen and somehow manage with outdated chains.

7. It doesn't matter that we've never met, I can alway find someone that will argue that his brand of helmet will fit me better than the one I currently use.

8. 95 deg F in Arizona is different than 95 deg F in FL or TN and that is why you must worry about oil temperature in Arizona but not in Fl or in TN.

9. The size of the ding in the bikes finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether the ding occurred on the road or loading in the trailer because trailer dings are ok but road dings are worse.

10. One in a row is a trend, two in a row is statistically significant, and three similar occurrences in a row is an irrefutable fact.

11. The Motorcycle Posting Quotient: the total number of posts divided by the number of days as a member: if greater than 2.5, recommend therapy.

12. Never buy a Ducati or Triumph for a long trip cause you can't find a dealer for repairs. It's much better to have a Honda dealer in every town so they can backorder a starter that will arrive in three weeks.

Bike
R1200rt
What I have learned on motorcycle forums.
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place to get a motorcycle tire mounted? is…you really want a car tire.

2. The answer to: how well does the Bilt helmet Bluetooth work? is that the HJC helmet fits better.

3. The laws of physics do not apply to motorcycles. Quarter mile times or dyno tests don't mean anything. The only way to determine performance increase is by seat-of-the-pants feel

4. The bike ran fine til I replaced the ignition switch, now no start, no lights. The obvious problem is the year old battery that was fine until an hour ago when I replaced the switch.

5. A certain brand of oil is absolutely responsible for a 2% increase in fuel mileage! when most gas pumps are only accurate to 5%.

6. The rear chain drive is unreliable and a shaft drive is always preferred. The MotoGP riders just won't listen and somehow manage with outdated chains.

7. It doesn't matter that we've never met, I can alway find someone that will argue that his brand of helmet will fit me better than the one I currently use.

8. 95 deg F in Arizona is different than 95 deg F in FL or TN and that is why you must worry about oil temperature in Arizona but not in Fl or in TN.

9. The size of the ding in the bikes finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether the ding occurred on the road or loading in the trailer because trailer dings are ok but road dings are worse.

10. One in a row is a trend, two in a row is statistically significant, and three similar occurrences in a row is an irrefutable fact.

11. The Motorcycle Posting Quotient: the total number of posts divided by the number of days as a member: if greater than 2.5, recommend therapy.

12. Never buy a Ducati or Triumph for a long trip cause you can't find a dealer for repairs. It's much better to have a Honda dealer in every town so they can backorder a starter that will arrive in three weeks.
forgot one
13. what doesn't make comon sense makes sense.

Top Bottom