Fork Seal Change

FireSporT

Team Colorado
Bike
03 ST 1300
STOC #
Are any special tools required for changing out the front fork seals on the 1300? I have a leaking seal and need to replace it. Anything in the service manual (I don't have one) on this?

Thanks,
Rob

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
You will need a fork seal driver or make your own out of plastic pipe. I have one I can mail you if you can wait a week to do the job - I had somewhat difficult time finding the right ID thin wall pipe when I did mine a little while ago. You will also need a long 6 mm allen wrench.

I am also changing the fork seals, bushing and replacing the OEM springs for Sonic 1.2.

Would you have some pics or specifications of the tools that we need to replace the seals and bushing?

OP
OP
FireSporT

FireSporT

Team Colorado
Bike
03 ST 1300
STOC #
I am also changing the fork seals, bushing and replacing the OEM springs for Sonic 1.2.

Would you have some pics or specifications of the tools that we need to replace the seals and bushing?
I don't have any pics. Maybe someone with a Manual can scan in the information? I just want to ensure that Mother Honda doesn't require any special tool. I like the pvc pipe trick.

Top Bottom