FortNine: Why Electric Bikes are More Dangerous than Motorcycles

so now, what is the difference between and E-bike and an electric motorcycle?
One requires a licence to operate in public areas, a modicum of sense and the government collect tax for your continued usage of it (well, our govt. does at least)... the other, is an E-bike.

HTH.

Government policies and relentless advertising campaigns by them here have emboldened bicyclists and pedestrians in to adopting the attitude that they always have the right of way and priority. ...

I agree as to that being part of the problem, but IMO, a bigger part is simply because they can and very few people, including law enforcement, takes it seriously. Consider loud pipes on motorcycles. Most of them are louder than legal, but it's not seen as a problem that needs addressing so it continues. It's not because they feel emboldened, it's simply because they can.

My brother got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign on his bicycle. He slowed to make sure it was clear, but didn't come to a complete stop. Most cyclists, including me, consider this over-zealous enforcement. I've rolled through many stop signs, but I do wait for red lights.

Similar in the UK in addition to that other menace - e-scooters. We are are told they're not legal to use either on the road or the footpath but they are still sold... The government are not inept are they? Much...

Back
Top Bottom