Found leak need help...

Found leak under all this and am wondering I am assuming that this is part of carbs that I am going to have to remove any suggestions???

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
Take the carbs off in one piece. Shine a flashlight under the carbs and you can see location of the screws. It takes a fairly long screwdriver to reach them. Take a broomstick and pop the carbs off. Be careful what you pry against. you can probably just lay the carbs over on the left side of the bike without removing the cables. If you decide to remove the choke cable be careful with the holder that holds the cable to the carb, If you drop it it's hard to find. Speaking from experience. It depends on what all you're planning to do to it it might be easier to remove the gas tank. I would buy new carb isolators the carb will go back on alot easier.

OP
OP
ryterafan
Just had it on this summer for another leak and had the carb boots replaced. ..now have to pull them and check for another leak...

Bike
92 ST1100
Neither cables need to be removed if carb bank is set off to RIGHT side where glove box assembly WAS;).
Back together, check the housing hold-down clamp screw for the enricher cable before adding tupperware back on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom