Friday March 8th Café.

Bike
VStrom 650
Ay up me ducks. The French Roast is ready and the Croissants will be out of the oven presently.
Enjoy.
It's a bit grey, a bit March'ish. Still waiting for spring to....erm.....spring.
After breakfast we'll get the place ready for visitors. Always a pleasure. Pffffffftttttt.
Av a gud un and remember, it's Saturday Eve.
Upt.

Good Morning Sir Ray and Crown Coffeemaker Extraordinaire!
*sluuurp* ah, excuse me very delicioso indeed!
(that's Spanish BTW)

Very busy times ya know. Lots of work going on at the ranch what with impending Springs all over.
And of course Mr Tractor has received his new parts (courtesy of my friend in MD).
He's so happy to be getting put back together!
Landscape projects coming soon.

I finally bought a new sprayer for weeds and such. This one's battery powered.
No more pumping up to get things going. (How I detest that).
It's a back pack system and you should see the weeds cower when I approach - ha ha!
Begone you insidious little .....

Y'all have a winderfilled day!

1709888413966.png

Thx Ray!
Good coffee and croissants.
It’s a fine day, but could have been better….I like to have a drink or two on fridays, you may have heard.
BUT tonight we’re invited to my daughters inlaws…..they are nice, but they believe alcohol is the devils mouthwash.
Tomorrow it is then….

I have a carwash to do, NOT in my t-shirt you mind.
Just above freezing, sunny and calm.

Oh, and I have to stock up for tomorrow.
And read the newspaper ( old school- on paper), dang! Where’s me readers?

Wish you a nice weekend!
Stu

Ps! If you live at this location in the UK, would you brag about it?

Todays weather situation
IMG_3105.jpeg

Shittsville, darn sarffff innit like.
Nuff said.

Thx Ray!
Good coffee and croissants.
It’s a fine day, but could have been better….I like to have a drink or two on fridays, you may have heard.
BUT tonight we’re invited to my daughters inlaws…..they are nice, but they believe alcohol is the devils mouthwash.
Tomorrow it is then….

I have a carwash to do, NOT in my t-shirt you mind.
Just above freezing, sunny and calm.

Oh, and I have to stock up for tomorrow.
And read the newspaper ( old school- on paper), dang! Where’s me readers?

Wish you a nice weekend!
Stu

Ps! If you live at this location in the UK, would you brag about it?

Todays weather situation
IMG_3105.jpeg
You think you've got problems, the folk coming here drink like fish, and they'll be drinking my pond!
Pffffffftttttt.

Morning all. Thanks for the coffee Ray.

Just below freezing here and it looks like a wee mess out there on the roads. The snow here was minimal, more like a build up of ice pellets om top of the freezing precipitation we also got. We're heading out on the road to see Thing2 I'm told, within the next 3 hours. The mission hasn't been postponed like all those recent SpaceX launches. Hopefully the roads will get a decent coat of salt and kitty litter by then all along our 5 hour route (well it's 5hrs when the roads are decent and I can over indulge in the legal velocity limit....) I think I could handle "mundane" for the entire drive down and back.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Obo.

Good morning and thanks for the coffee, Ray.
As nice as the hotel is, they have crap coffee...
Had a ham and cheese omelet, and got to use some pidgin Spanish when the cook forgot the hamon and queso.

It's 39 and foggy in Andorra La Vella today, but it was raining and snowing when I woke, earlier.
Due to the snow, wind and poor visibility, I decided to forgo my last ski day.
Actually, all but one did the same...

Brenda left on a jeep tour and wine tasting adventure, and I did another walking tour of the city.
I think I got some coffee DTs when I passed by a Starbucks!

We'll pack up for tomorrow's bus trip to Barcelona when she returns.
I've already packed my ski gear.

Have a great day,
Steve

Last edited:
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the coffee and croissants Ray. And @STooRay, "the devil's mouthwash", you say? It tastes fine on my forked tongue. I noted the clear dividing line your house's shadow is leaving: frost in the shadow, green grass where there's more sunlight. Neat.

It's 41°F and mostly sunny here in Rockville. It'll warm to around 60 but get progressively cloudier as the day passes. Chances of rain early tomorrow morning, but by that time Mrs. Fun and I will be back in Lansdale PA at her sister's place. The oldest sister turns 70 today, so three cousins are flying in from parts west (Chicago, Minneapolis, Los Angeles) for the party. We'll be there until Sunday afternoon.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Thanks for the coffee Ray, ☕️ I'm feeling worlds better than yesterday. Roz is still getting pummeled with her covid.
Feels like like I have to catch up on half a week's work, but I don't have a tractor... so I might get tired if I get it all done today. So I won't, I reckon.
Rains all day, weather alerts for later... what does that mean, anyway? We already know that it will rain a lot.
If I was a little smarter, I'd take Kaiser for his walk before it all begins, now that it's 64 outside. But first, looking at the sky, and looking at my shoes , I think I have time for a refill.
Only a cup of cold coffee is more sad than an empty one.
So let's not be sad,... fill those mugs!
And have a great day, even if it's not your birthday.

Based on how I can sweat, I might be smarter than I know...
"Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration."
-- Thomas Edison

good morning all. thanks for the coffee and Croissants Ray. 44F on the dog walk with some stars here and there and some clouds here and there. wet roads and puddles to look out for. they say light rain with in the hour. I know the weeds enjoy the rain. they grow... like weeds. yesterday went well. the roofer came out to see the wood damage and said the he believes that it should be covered under the 7 year warranty. that was good news. today is gym time and grocery shopping and if it gets here in time I'll install the new CD player in the truck. I ordered a pre made wiring harness so it should be plug and play. the high should see 62F. enjoy the day

stay safe

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee and goodies, Ray!

It's gorgeous and sunny out there today, but there's some crazy-arse weather on its way. It's cold this morning: currently -2°C/28°F with a windchill of -8°C/18°F, and we'll see a high of 7°C/45°F with a feels-like of 4°C/39°F. Things will start off relatively OK tomorrow, and then we get walloped by a dual system that will bring lots of rain, followed by wet, heavy, sticky snow. Areas north and east of us will probably get more snow than Montreal, but I think we'll get our share of ick. Temps will bounce back up again during the week, so it should all melt off pretty quickly. Of course this was going to happen...I just had my car washed. :rolleyes:

Shittsville, darn sarffff innit like.
Nuff said.

And then there's the town in Wales with the impossibly long name: Shittorgetoffddepwtpffffttttt.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely. Safe travels, @Obo.

Patty

Morning all......
Thanks for the crispy croissants Ray.....

Sunny and bright this morning. Gonna cloud up later and rain down here, and snow in the mnts.
No plans today, later going to the MC show in Spokane. Haven't been to one in decades.

It's a Saturday eve, go have one.
T

Morning all! 5C and rain with 8C and more rain to come.

We meet with the old contractor today to haggle over what we owe him for the work that was actually done. He sent us his final invoice last week and despite standing in our kitchen and profusely apologizing for dropping the ball, it appears that he has premium billed us. I'm actually pretty steamed about it but have resolved to treat it like a client's file and remain firm but polite. The swearing will come after he leaves :D .

Good luck on the roads Obo, have a safe trip to see Thing 2. Just booked my flight for June to see my daughter graduate from university. Stupid time passing at warp speed.....

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good mid-morning. Thanks for the coffee, Ray.

Yes, I’m late. I’ve been busy cleaning up after the old man that lives here. I got started on cleaning, and didn’t want to stop, since this mood doesn’t occur very often. It started when I put yesterday‘s coffee mug in the dishwasher and noticed it was nearly full of dishes and needed washing. So, I rounded up a couple of glasses that were sitting out. I went to grab the glass by the bed and noticed socks on the floor, and discovered the hamper was full. Put clothes in washer, noticed the dryer was full from whenever, so folded for a while.

Whew……Now for another cup of coffee from the clean mug. Clean socks on my feet, just to sit around and watch it rain, all day. 55/65 fo the temps.

John

Morning Ray & All from mostly sunny, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 30F, heading for all of 44F. The winds are already blowing from the NNE @ 11. Later we could see them from the N @ 14 to 30mph. :wind1:

All the rain/snow predicted for the week, passed us by. We even had some thunder last night. The next storm they are threatening us with will be next week, when Chris and I are in SoCal!

I cleaned up most of the garage yesterday. I packed up the :bk13: tupperware into a really large tote (plastic bin) to keep nice, until I can get to it, when I'm ready. I'm really thinking my next Winter project will be swapping out the 2006 engine in to the 2005 frame, since the 2006 has a Totaled Title and the 2005 does not. I'll then use the black tupperware on it and sell it. I can't get to it before Winter, since I still have a large yard to take care of.

And speaking of the yard, I will be starting on the front part of the yard to put in block, sprinklers, grass and rock. Chris wants it done by mid June! :well1:

I'll be getting the Highlander and Tacoma down to the wash rack today. So that should keep me busy for a bit!

Lazyman's breakfast, with bananas. Pepsi to come later.

Anyone :bl13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

I'm actually pretty steamed about it but have resolved to treat it like a client's file and remain firm but polite.
It always surprised me how receiving a lawyers letter tends to make some people smarten up and stop being so unreasonable. Often that is all that it takes to make some jerk go away and stop bothering their client with unreasonable and unsupportable claims. I guess receiving the lawyers letter drives home the point that the person is serious and won't be bullied, so they stop trying.

I have wondered if people like yourself who are lawyers have an advantage in their personal dealings when disputes like this crop up. I know every situation is unique, and every vendor will react differently, but I have wondered if generally the mere fact of knowing that they are dealing with a lawyer makes it less likely that any vendor will try to take advantage and bully that client in to any unreasonable agreements or settlements. I guess that it could just as easily go the other way where the vendor will take a tougher stand against any compromise because he feels that you are trying to intimidate him with being a lawyer, and he will just tell you to talk to his lawyer if you aren't happy.

Somebody brew another pot! I’m in need for a booster sip.

The sun popped out for a couple of hours, so I changed the oil and filter on the zero turn, greased the spindle bearings and wheels, and then mowed the weeds in the back yard. Then, I mixed up some Glyphosate to take care of some Chinese privet and some pesky Multiflora rose that has popped up. Whew….Teddy’s tired from just watching.

John

Back
Top Bottom