front discs one hotter than the other

Bike
st1100
HI have a 00 abs tcs pan not happy with brakes changed pads all pistons seem to be free and operating correctly but the brakes are not as good as they should be, great stopping with pedal and lever but with pedal off to put foot down as you come to a stop the lever does not seem to be quite good enough on its own I noticed that the left hand disc is far hotter than the right suggesting that the right is not putting much effort in, the left is not binding causing heat as the bike freewheels happily not sure what to do next done fluids done pads cleaned pistons any thoughts.

Bike
ST1100
My ST1100 is a non ABS model so I won,t comment on your problem other than to say there might be air in the system.If you like to send a private mail to broc11 in Donegal he has a 01 ABS model and might be able to help you out..
Pat

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
Did you clean the slide pins? Might be that one of the calipers is sticking on it's pin and not allowing that caliper to slide tight to the rotor. Were the inboard and outboard pad worn the same? Un equal pad thickness, this is the clue. Also they can stick were the inboard constantly runs the rotor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom