fuel cutoff valve vacuum line

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Where does the other end of the vacuum line connect.. #3 carb?

Some time ago I removed the valve from my 91 and I'm just checking my connections as I connect up a hanging fuel container to the fuel filter so I can run the engine. (getting back to why my fuel pump doesn't run unless jumped directly to the battery) Looks like I have a short vacuum line from carb #3 that is capped, but not long enough to have connected to the cutoff valve. Maybe something to do with a carb synch a while ago.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
#3, outboard, stub directly below the carb isolator, intake manifold on head...

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
If the extant hose is short there may have been a T and extension on it before that plugged into the auto fuel valve with another short hose on it for carb sync’g. WAG

John

OP
OP
DeanR
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
If the extant hose is short there may have been a T and extension on it before that plugged into the auto fuel valve with another short hose on it for carb sync’g. WAG

John
I may well have even done that John. I did on the 99. Just a little foggy about the 91 because it's just been sitting in the garage for quite a while. Don't know why the 'T' would not be there.
Looking forward to hopefully getting that engine started using the suspended fuel bottle. Have never done that.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I may well have even done that John. I did on the 99. Just a little foggy about the 91 because it's just been sitting in the garage for quite a while. Don't know why the 'T' would not be there.
Looking forward to hopefully getting that engine started using the suspended fuel bottle. Have never done that.
Maybe because you moved it to use on the '99? :biggrin:

Top Bottom