Fuel Economy And Other Fun Stuff On My ST1300

OP
OP
If we're talking scooters, the good lady has a Honda Forza 125. She does her commute- about 10 miles per day, with fill ups about every 2 months, at a cost of about £12 ($16). Pennies per day. Her fuel mileage is waaaay over 100MPG.

I won't be asking her to drive slowly, to get better mileage...

Bike
2006 Honda st1300
I drive my ST1300 without caring about mileage. I do get an average of 40 overall. Don't drive like a granny, drive it like you stole it.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Well i have to baby it, otherwise I'll be meeting my local law enforcement! LOL
When I took off this morning to go to work I looked down and I was cruising at 80 in a 55.....It's so much less effort to get up to speed on this bike.
Ha, I hear ya! My only performance award on a bike was on the ST for 71 in a 55, and I'd been going much faster before I passed the speed trap. The ST (either flavor) will change your perspective on things, and you have to watch the instruments like a hawk for awhile if you're used to riding a bike where going 80 is a big event. :D

--Mark

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
That is what I have been doing. Today my RAM Mount for my phone comes in, so I am going to run a GPS Speedo from my phone just to double check my speedo. I think it might read faster than I am going.
It does, by about 5 mph at freeway speeds.

If you have an Android phone, I highly recommend Ulysse Speedometer. The pro version is worth the $2.00 price tag.

--Mark

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Got out of a ticket once...'Officer, I can't afford to be the speed bump'. Better fuel economy is wonderful, but we're better off driving to maintain our own safety. Play when it's safe.

Top Bottom