Full of hot air

9mm

Bike
C14
Friday afternoon maybe 90 degrees here in North Texas. Returning from the long way home from work on the bike. I notice that at "cruising speed" alot of hot air was blasting up thru the fairing around the triple trees. Anyone else noticed this? Cure?
Thanks

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Some have removed the black inner cowl to allow air to push around the sides of the radiator and have reported the bike feels cooler. Some put holes in the inner cowls also. I've never tried that myself, it's a big engine on a full fairing bike, it's just gonna be hot not to mention wait 'til it's 105 out.. anyway, it's something that's pretty easy to try.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Must be spring LOL. Ton of threads on this "issue"

I took the inner cowls off for something or other an left it that way. Seem a little better. For me the best bet is proper (high) riding boots and overpants for the legs. Mesh jacket jacket and pray there's no traffic snarl. If you're stopped and the fans kick on you're gonna roast.

As my windshield plastic is toast anyway, I'm probably gonna cut a few inches off the top for some more airflow.

Hopefully yuze guys dont have another record of consecutive days over 100 this year.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Doh.. I completely missed that...

There are some C14 owners here as well so maybe they'll chime in.

<moving to Kawi section>

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
What year? Some have added some insulation on the inside of the tupperware, have modified the tupperware, put some plastic over the holes down by the feet where the tupperware ends... I have not felt the need, and I ride in what some consider hot weather (LOL!!!). Checkout zggtr.org for some mods, it caters to the Connie.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
This may be taking the 'easy way out', but I've found that rather than wearing mesh or vented riding gear (at least pants), I wear my regular cordura pants with the liner removed. It seems to insulate my legs from the heat. Yeah, its hot. But its Texas and its not January. I'm an ATGATT guy, and I rode last year during the heat and drought...sweat, yeah, but not unbearable.

Top Bottom