Garmin 2610 Users

TearlessTom

Bike Whisperer
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I have a mount for my 2610 to the center of the bars.

I have a cigerette type power outlet from the right faring pocket but must have a blown fuse or something as I am not getting power to it and haven't had time to try to track down the problem.

How are you all mounting your speaker? do you leave the faring pocket open and plug it in there or do you use helmet type speakers or do you have some other arraingments?

Photos would be nice!

Thanks

Tom

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I don't use speakers. I don't set up routes ahead of time. I use it more just to keep in going the right direction.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
How are you all mounting your speaker? do you leave the faring pocket open and plug it in there or do you use helmet type speakers or do you have some other arraingments?

Photos would be nice!

Thanks

Tom
The power cord speaker is adequate at best in a vehicle. That can't possibly work worth crap on a motorcycle. You really need a Garmin motorcycle power/audio cable. This will allow you to plug in either ear buds or your comm system so you can hear the gps prompts.

Although mounting between the bars looks really cool, it's actually too low requiring one to take their eyes completely off the road. You might want to consider mounting the 2610 up higher so it can be viewed at a glance.

Ray

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
I use mine with the Garmin motorcycle mount kit & cable. Mix the Garmin, MP3 & 8500 through a Mix-It to earbuds. Everything is hardwired to the bike and cords plug into the Mix-It located in the tank bag. I have wiring on two bikes so I can just transfer the bag and units between them.

Larry

Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I am also in the process of hard wiring my 2610. I have the Garmin cable but don't recognize the audio connector. It's not a std mini. What is it? Also, the positive and negative wires seem awfully small (22 gauge?). Any problem crimping them to the Sumitomo connectors? I want to use the Quartet harness.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
The audio connector is a sub-mini, 2.5mm. The wires are small. I have approached such small guage wires two ways. Either solder and shrink tube a couple slightly larger extension wires or strip the wires 3x longer and fold the bare wires over twice. Either way makes for a successful crimp.

Ray

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I have a mount for my 2610 to the center of the bars.

I have a cigerette type power outlet from the right faring pocket but must have a blown fuse or something as I am not getting power to it and haven't had time to try to track down the problem.

Photos would be nice!

Thanks

Tom
I bet you have power right up to the pocket cig power plug. I do....but the hardware for the Honda plug is real junk. Get your meter out and check.

Forest

Bike
2014 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I have mine powered off the Quartet harness and I prefer that it's hot all the time. Its attached with the Garmin MC mount and I run the sound through the Starcom1 with helmet headset. Many many miles with no problems.

Top Bottom