Gasket airbox to throttle body assembly ?

Hi, new member (first post !)
Haynes Manual talks about a gasket between the above. My bike is a 2007 model -I have just removed airbox (lower) and no gasket was there (all looks original) - due to the "tongue and groove" design (similar to airbox lid) my gut feel is there should be no gasket. Which is correct ? (did earlier models have a gasket , then design was changed ??) Thanks.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
What they are calling a gasket, is soft foam inside the grooves on the bottom of the air box base, that sits down on the throttle body.
Be very careful and DON'T use any chemicals or spray on this, or it will swell up and and damage it.
Just wipe it out with a q-tip (ear buds to you over there) if needed.
Welcome to the forum.
Ride safe

Bike
2010 ST1300
Buy yourself a Honda Service Manual - it is much better than Haynes and is the best tool you can find for your bike. Used ones over here cost in the $50 USD range.

I used a Haynes manual when I did a clutch on A Honda small car. The manual showed how to pull pilot bearing from end of crankshaft. The auto parts store sold me one that did not fit and the dealer informed me that Honda did not use one on that model. On another clutch it show what would have been a low inch pound torque on the cover and a high foot pound torque for the same. Default to the bolt rating
SMSW and IGOFAR is are correct that they are talking about the foam seal and your best bet is a factory manual.

Top Bottom