GL1500 fuel pump assembly?

Hi All,

New to the site and like the articles. I have a 2002 ST1100 (Hisa) with 129k on the dial (I didn't put them all on) with a fuel pump failure. I see that I can get a GL1500 assembly and it states that it's compatible with the ST system.

Is this true? not sure if it's a direct fit.

Thanks for any help,

Canuck01

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
The P/N 16700-MT3-010 ID's it as a unique, ST specific part, but possible you could cannibalize it to fix yours neatly...
(others here will chime in about the use and application of aftermarket pumps)
The flange gasket/packing is a cross over part, also found in the GL-1500 fiche, hence still readily avail (and I'd always replace that too)

GL-1500 pump assy:

ST1100 pump assy:

Bike
2010 ST1300
Know that some of the aftermarket fuel pumps come with a hose that is not rated for full immersion in gasoline. These hoses will soften and collapse after a short while. If you do buy an aftermarket pump (many here have had excellent luck with them) it is a good idea to buy good fuel line from an auto parts store and use that instead of what comes with the pump. I'm not sure if @Uncle Phil mentions that in his article.

Don't even think of asking why a manufacturer would sell a fuel pump with hose that is not going to carry the gasoline. :rofl1:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Know that some of the aftermarket fuel pumps come with a hose that is not rated for full immersion in gasoline. These hoses will soften and collapse after a short while. If you do buy an aftermarket pump (many here have had excellent luck with them) it is a good idea to buy good fuel line from an auto parts store and use that instead of what comes with the pump. I'm not sure if @Uncle Phil mentions that in his article.

Don't even think of asking why a manufacturer would sell a fuel pump with hose that is not going to carry the gasoline. :rofl1:
Yes I do ... ;)
I also mention most of the aftermarkets ones put out too much pressure so you need a regulator. :biggrin:

Top Bottom