Globe Trotter Trailer

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
We could not be happier with this trailer. It is very well made. The gloss black factory finish is a marine gelcoat that can be painted to match your bike. We intend to do just that in the following months.

The trailer is very well behaved. I tested it up to about 150 kph without any problem. The bike is more sensitive when following or overtaking tractor trailers on the highway but I would think this is normal.

The trailer capacity is good, considering we bought it for weekend excursions, not extended trips.

Note how clean the bike looks when the drawbar is removed. Really happy with that feature too!

OP
OP
Jactana
Thanks for the great pics, I wondered what type of hitch it had. I think it's good looking too, will look cool behind my Venture. One question, how do you find the rubber suspension? I ran into a fellow on a Goldwing towing an N-line trailer in St. Marie, Idaho a few weeks ago. He picked up the end of the trailer about two feet off the ground and dropped it, no bounce at all. Now that was an ugly trailer, well engineered but ugly, looked like a little coffin. Thanks again, Ron

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Well, the trailer will bounce a little when completely empty. Not enough to be noticeable on the ride, but if your GF happens to be following you she will notice the bounce. But since the point is to haul cargo, it's not a big problem because when loaded with about 40 pounds, it's firmly planted on the road and it's not bouncing at all. Real stable! I'd say it can haul around 100 pounds of camping stuff, space being the limiting factor. It can hold camping gear for two, or cooking and camping gear for one. It's not big, but it's enough.

The folks at Armoric Design are really nice people, they build about 200 trailers a year if I remember correctly. They install the hitch and the wiring at no cost if you buy the trailer and hitch. I strongly recommend that company.

OP
OP
Jactana
Thanks again for the response. Installation would be nice, but living in B.C., that might be a bit of a problem. Maybe a good excuse for a ride to La belle province!:)

I sent him an E-mail, and he has a dealer in Calgary which would be more realistic. Thanks again, Ron

Top Bottom