Goldwing is Gone

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Went the Mello route. Sure enjoying the 230 pound weight loss. Quite a different bike for sure. Boxer motor is much different than the six cylinder boxer on the Wing. Still learning all the doo dads on this one although after a few rides it becomes pretty straight forward. May have to start looking at seat replacement but stocker got me home from Austin about 500 miles so it's doable as is.

IMG_6128.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
ST1300abs 2012
Congrats and awesome color! I found my 1200 WC cramped until I lowered the pegs. I used MFW adjustable pegs with different arms but they don’t seem to make anymore.

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Although you'll be wishing the RT could be content with regular guess like a Goldwing, and not having the Wing's reverse capability may well be missed, you do have a fine motorcycle! And of course I do still have a handsome blue one for sale, if anyone else would like to own one. Definitely a fine machine!

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Nice looking new ride you. I hope you enjoy riding it all over.

Good setting for the pic. Highway 207 Lookout point isn't it? I enjoyed riding all over that area of Texas when I lived in Clovis.

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Nice looking new ride you. I hope you enjoy riding it all over.

Good setting for the pic. Highway 207 Lookout point isn't it? I enjoyed riding all over that area of Texas when I lived in Clovis.
Correct on the location. Overlooks Palo Duro Canyon. Favorite hangout for bikes in the area. Come off the plains for 12 miles of curves through the canyon. That's pretty much all the curves in the area until you drop off the Caprock east of there. Just guessing if you lived in Clovis and now Pensacola there must be a military connection there somewhere.

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I forget the driving force that pushed me to get his bike but, sometime in 2004 or 2005, I purchased a use BMW RT1100P. I converted it back to "normal" and we (wife and I) took several trips across SC and other states in the area. She referred to it as the Gazelle. It was quick, smooth and really a fun ride. But it did have some issues. I also had a 2003 Honda Valkyrie (which I still have). My wife referred to it as the "Clydesdale".

In February of 2007 I purchased my 2007 ST (as seen in the picture to the left). And later sold the BWM. It was still operational and I do sort of miss it but the ST will suffice.

I sold it in 2014.IMG_3120.JPG

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Seat rebuild by Steve Gowing in Ft Collins, Colorado. Did a ride in to try and get it the way I wanted it. Very happy with the results. On and off the seat and bike several times trying to fit my bony butt. He called and told me to be at his shop by 7am so he could finish and get me out of there before the weather changed and a good thing too. Next day I25 and Hwy 287 shut down for blowing snow. Left his shop at 3 pm headed back to Amarillo.

Steve's shop just says "Craftsman". Makes me ashamed of my shop condition.

He reworked the front only and covered the rear to match.
IMG_6427.jpgIMG_6428.jpgIMG_6429.jpgIMG_6430.jpg

IndyRob

Site Supporter
Bike
93 ST1100
STOC #
Went the Mello route. Sure enjoying the 230 pound weight loss. Quite a different bike for sure. Boxer motor is much different than the six cylinder boxer on the Wing. Still learning all the doo dads on this one although after a few rides it becomes pretty straight forward. May have to start looking at seat replacement but stocker got me home from Austin about 500 miles so it's doable as is.

IMG_6128.jpg
My 2024 was built last week. Hope to get it by early/mid May.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Seat rebuild by Steve Gowing in Ft Collins, Colorado. Did a ride in to try and get it the way I wanted it. Very happy with the results. On and off the seat and bike several times trying to fit my bony butt. He called and told me to be at his shop by 7am so he could finish and get me out of there before the weather changed and a good thing too. Next day I25 and Hwy 287 shut down for blowing snow. Left his shop at 3 pm headed back to Amarillo.

Steve's shop just says "Craftsman". Makes me ashamed of my shop condition.

He reworked the front only and covered the rear to match.
IMG_6427.jpgIMG_6428.jpgIMG_6429.jpgIMG_6430.jpg
Yes I have had Steve do two seats for me. One for my recently sold X300 and one for my FJR1300. I also just had the front done with full covering front and rear. Great guy and quality seat.

Attachments

Top Bottom