Gonna Need A Front Tire

New to the forum and looking for some tire reccos. The bike has a Pilot 3 on front. (Shinko Steel on the back)
Love the performance of the P3. The noise however is distracting. I ride in TX. Probably about 3-5k/yr. Mostly to work(hwy), errands and to get out of the house. We usually take one long weekend trip/yr. What's out there for consideration?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Welcome to ST-Owners.

Bridgestone T31 is a good value with excellent performance and mileage.

The Pilot Road 3 is probably 7 years old or more and past time to replace. I'd check the rear tire's manufacturing date.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Go to the blue band atop this page, > Forums > Technical > Tires, Wheels*. Now click on the brand of your choice and read what many more have said than will respond to your question today.

* The 'greater than' symbol, > means click on this word.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
When living in a state with twisty roads, I ran Pirelli Angel GT's (several sets) and loved their quiet smooth ride, and rain handling ability.
That said, I am now living in Arizona, and like you, the roads are pretty straight, flat, and hot, so I've thrown on a set of the Shinko Verge tires (2nd set) and I'm liking them so far.
They are quieter than ANY of the Michelin, Bridgestone, or Dunlop tires that I've tried in the past.
The cost is outstanding, and I think the last pair I ordered was cheaper than just buying one tire of the other brands.
Why not match your front tire with your rear tire?
Welcome to the forum.

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
I would agree with matching set. You won’t be disappointed. I’ve had the Angel GT’s and pilot 4’s and the Bridgestones have been ok in the past. In heat and long roads - I would go with a good dual compound tire - best of both worlds when ya do get some curves. Keep them inflated properly at all times.

Bike
2009 ST1300
your front tire is the most important component on the motorcycle; you can mitigate everything else, mine is a michelin ZCT Road 4 GT [whateverthatis] and it holds on when the ____ starts; I don't think the rear matters quite as much with these bikes.

Top Bottom